Chapter-10 Dumbledore's "Wonderful" Speech

"So welcome students-"

Everyone looked up to see the headmaster, Professor Dumbledore starting his speech.

He was an old, very old man. He was, according to James, 502 years old and had also apparently lived with the dinosaurs.

"Welcome to Hogwarts the school of witchcraft and wizardry!" from the back McGonagall said something in a low voice 

"Albus they all know our school name" 

"Oh yeah Minerva! you're so smart" said Dumbledore.

"So yeah, As I was saying before I was very rudely interrupted by someone, always remember Hogwarts is like your home. It's the safest place you can be in!"

"I mean- yeah maybe we have a 90 feet killer snake downstairs that'll turn you to stone- Hagrid's three-headed dog that'll snap your neck off. A huge army of spiders that will eat your face off oh! And don't even get me started on the"

"And also, the forest is strictly forbidden to all students! But we will send you there in  detention unsupervised on a mission  to find Voldemort! Oh! and don't even get me started on the-" "Uhm That's quite enough" 

"So umh- students your headmaster is so funny! He was joking! Of course!"

And as he was saying, Hogwarts is very safe. 

And uhm- Yeah you can umm all start your feast now!" McGonagall said 

"Is it too late to run?" Peter asked shaking at just the thought of the three-headed dog, why would they name it fluffy though? He thought.

"Uhm Yeah I'm afraid it is I'd have run away years ago if I had the choice," said, McGonagall smiling as if there had been absolutely no talk about a 90 feet snake just moments ago.

"Well, that was quite the greeting" Sirius commented as McGonagall hastily ran off the stage

"It really was, huh?" James said laughing "What a brilliant way to begin the year!" Remus said in sarcastic cheer

And just as Peter was going to comment, there appeared a tray of meals. James and Sirius didn't look that impressed. "Must be in their daily routine to eat such food" Remus thought.

He and Peter, however, looked like they had been offered a meal of a lifetime.

They both quickly gobbled up the food as if it were going to run off somewhere or something.

And as they finished, more food just magically appeared.

 Peter looked like he was seeing food for the first time in years and finished the whole plate in seconds and then proceeded to start having a fight with Remus over who would have the last slice of the chocolate cake.

They looked like they were the time of their lives

On the other hand, Lily Evans who was also sorted in Gryffindor looked like quite the Damsel In Distress.

She was missing Severus like crazy already. And as the feast was coming to an end, she couldn't hold back any longer, and she walked right up to the Slytherin table.

Which she later regretted.

The spoken boy was having quite a blast! He was in the house he had wanted to be in and he also met his cousin. Lucius Malfoy who was discussing how these mudbloods should never be allowed in Hogwarts and so on.

When he saw a familiar face. The familiar face of his best friend. Lily Evans

Severus looked terrified. He knew how much the Slytherins hated mud bloods and was she crazy? Just walking up to them?

Before he had time to react, Lily was in front of him with a huge smile

"Sev! How are y-"