Chapter 15 "Legemency"

Sev"Sev! I think I may have just found out what's happening with your dreams! I just need some more clues!'

Severus had been standing in the same hallway for the past ten minutes and now he was getting quite impatient.

And quite frankly, he had taken lily's "Stay right there" quite seriously. And stood like a statue and the corridors as students stared at him.

And just then, he felt a person tapping his shoulders. It was Lily.

She was beaming at him with excitement. She said in a calm voice "SEVERUS!!!!!!!!!! I FOUND IT!!!! I FOUND WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING TO YOU!!!!!!" And this "extremely calm tone" made people fall off their chairs and stare at her.

And Severus? Well...... he was as good as deaf.

He looked at her. "Jeez Lily, thanks for breaking my ears"

"Hey! You can't play this Uno reverse card!! You stole my lines!" She said pouting

Severus rolled his eyes. "Anyways. What were you saying again?"

"OH YEAHH!!!! I FOUND IT!!!!!"

And without warning, she yanked his arm and practically dragged him all the way to the library. Where she sat him down.

And with that, she threw a big thick book on the table. Which nearly made Severus's head break. She said "This is a book written by Franciscus Feildwake. I think It has your answers!"

"Wha-? Does he wake in a field every morning?" Severus said laughing at his own joke.

Lily rolled her eyes. 

"Just have a look at this!" She said handing him another thick book.

Severus just looked at her confused. 

"Wha-?"

Lily face-palmed herself. "Just give me it" And then she started reading an excerpt from the book

"LIVING WITH LEGILLIMENS: USE YOUR MIND WISELY

BY: - FRANCISCUS FIELDWAKE

Legilimency was the act of magically navigating through the many layers of a person's mind and correctly interpreting one's findings. A person who practiced this art was known as a Legilimens. Muggles may have called this "mind-reading", but practitioners disdained the term as naive. The opposite of Legitimacy was Occlumency, which was used to shield one's mind from the invasion and influence of Legilimens.

History OF LEGILLIMENCY

It is unknown who invented the art of Legilimency and just when it was invented. It is safe to assume that the art had been around for a fairly long time, as Salazar Slytherin, a very skilled Legillimens, lived in the 11th century, and, along with the other Hogwarts founders, enchanted the Sorting Hat to have the skill. Other witches and wizards had used Legilimency on several different occasions as well.

Queenie Goldstein was a talented Legilimens who would frequently read those around her and verbally respond to those thoughts. She did so without malicious intent but was often scolded for looking into others' minds without their permission. Whereas most had to learn Legilimency, Queenie was born with a great aptitude for the skill.

METHODS

The most advanced Legilimens could perform Legilimency nonverbally and wandlessly, but less talented practitioners must use the incantation Legilimens to enter their victim's mind. If a target was not skilled in Occlumency, a Legilimens would be able to detect if the person was lying, as well as delve into their thoughts, emotions, and memories. It was noted that it was easier to perform Legilimency when the target and practitioners' eyes met.

EXTRA INFORMATION

Some magical creatures, such as Wampus cats, could also perform Legilimency.

KNOWN LEGEMENS

Salazar Slytherin

Queenie Goldstein

Sorting hat

Wampus cat

Constance Pickering"

Severus looked at her confused. "But Lily........ why are you telling me about Legimenses? What do they have to do with my dreams?"

Just as she was going to explain, a voice interrupted her.

"Oh, Evans! What are you doing here? I've been looking for you everywhere!"

"Uhh Is there something Sirius?" 

"WHAT?!! REALLY?!! SIRIUS BLACK IS STUDYING HERE IN THE LIBRARY?!!? NO WAY!! HE DOESN'T EVEN ATTEND CLASSES! DOES HE HAVE A TWIN BROTHER OR SOMETHING"

"Chill Bilius I meant is there something serious going on? Serious as in the word! Not the idiotic fool!"

"Ohh! What a relief! Okay, I'll  be on my merry way!" Said Bilius turning away to leave

"Hey, Billius- weren't you here to call me?"

"Oh yeah! yeah! McGonagall's calling you! There's a class now"

"Right Now?"

"Yeah. And as you know, there are only four other students. And one of them is lost in his hair, the other in how to not wear his tie properly, one in his cheese, and the other is drowned in chocolate. You're really the only one we can expect to actually listen!"

"Uhh Okay. See ya, Sev!"

"K... Bye Lils. I guess.