Chapter-12 "Barty Crouch Jr"

"Hey...... are you okay?"

When Severus turn back, he saw a pale young boy with straw-colored hair and freckles. 

"Uh yeah I'm fine, "said Severus uncomfortably while rubbing the tears off his sleeves.

And he guessed it was pretty obvious from his face, as the boy suddenly looked awkward. The guy rubbed his neck and looked at Severus uncertainly.

And Snape, who was still kind of pissed off as someone saw him crying asked kind of rudely

"Uh, Excuse me, but who are you?"

 "Oh sorry I didn't introduce myself. I'm Barty Crouch Jr. and what is your good name, my friend?" Said the boy

Severus was taken aback. He knew this guy's father.

Bartemius Crouch Sr. was a high influential Ministry of Magic official. He was the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement too. He was pretty damn famous. 

And what also surprised Severus was this guy's politeness after Severus was so rude to him, and also found the usage of the word "Friend" kind of weird as he had literally just met this dude.

"I'm Severus Snape " He said uncertainly now thinking that it would have been better if he had just given himself a fake name like Tommy or Mogli or something

"Oh, nice to meet you, Severus." Said Barty streching out his hand which Severus uncertainly shook.

"Now tell me, why were you crying?" Barty asked with what seemed like concern

"It's none of your business." Severus said snarling at the nosiness of this person

"I just had a fight with a friend, that's all."

"I saw what happened at the Slytherin table." Crouch said. "Are we talking about the same person?"

Severus looked up at him and as those memories came back to him, he held back tears. Barty crouch had hit all the right buttons and soon Severus found himself ranting to Barty all about Lily, his parents fighting, poverty, his rough cildhood and his desperation to get accepted and how it made him say those things to Lily.

Barty listened patiently and when Severus finished, He smiled at him.

"It's not your fault, mate. everyone makes mistakes. You were just scared and fear makes people do things they later regret." He said

"She was my best friend and I insulted her! I have one friend and now she's mad at me, " said Severus regreting what he did so heavily

Barty comforted him saying-

"Mate, just listen to me. Talk to her, and it'll take time, but I'm sure she'll forgive you. She seemed really happy to see you today. I can tell you really care about her and like her and trust me, she'll know that too. 

"Well I mean, who wouldn't like her, she's an angel of a girl." Barty said seeming to be drifting off

"Anyways, and don't worry about a thing! I'll be right there to help you when you talk to her!"

Severus raised an eyebrow at his new friend.

"Umm did you just call Lily an angel?" Severus asked. 

I mean, he definitely agreed, but like, did Crouch have a crush on his Lily or something?

"Uhh Oh I think someones calling me! I'M COMING!!! said Barty now running away faster than lightning

"But I didn't hear anyone calling him," said Severus confused.

 Then he heard Lucius telling the girls where they had to sleep and repeating the passcode, "Pureblood"

Ugh! It was all his fault!  Severus thought to himself and even the password made him sick to his stomach

So he face-planted onto his bed and tried to erase all the thoughts from his head.

Maybe sleep could help him cope with his feelings,  he thought as drifted off into dreamland