Chapter 11 "A Fight Between Best Friends"

"Sev! How are y-"

Before she could finish, Lucius interrupted her.

"Excuse me, but who are you?"

"Huh?" Lily said, confused by the sudden question "Oh, I'm Lily Evans" She said

"Evans....... That isn't a wizard name, are you a half-blood or something?"

"I'm not from a wizard family if that's what you mean."

At those words, Lucius looked disgusted and turned to Severus. "Severus, do you know this mudblood or something?"

At this moment, Severus was torn. He desperately wanted to be accepted by Lucius and all the other Slytherins, and like could you really blame him?

All his life, because of his poverty, he had always been a loser, an outcast. And now he was finally feeling accepted for the first time in his life, and he didn't just want to throw that away.

But at the same time, he couldn't just throw his best friend, his first love under the bus!

But as the saying goes, under pressure and fear, people often say things they don't mean. And the same thing happened to Severus afraid of the humiliation, the words just came out of his mouth.

"No, why would I want anything to do with a mud blood? That's just disgusting"

And he regretted the words as soon as they came out of his mouth when he saw her beautiful emerald eyes fill up with tears, for a moment he saw pure pain and hurt in her eyes.

ut that hurt didn't take long to change into anger.

Lily was new to the wizarding world, but even she knew what an insult it was calling someone mud blood.

She fisted her hands and said

"Oh really?! Ok then! Never talk to me again!! I never expected this from YOU of all people, Sev. But turns out the only person I thought could never hurt turned out to be the biggest scumbag"

With that, she left the table. Severus was in state of tears. How was she EVER going to make it up to her?!!!

Behind him, Lucius and another Slytherin high-fived. "That's EXACTLY what they deserve!"

And as soon as Dumbledore told the Prefects to show them to their rooms, and they reached their dorms, Severus just Went to his, locked the door shut, and looked at his reflection

"What have I become? What is the use of connections when I can't even stand up for my best friend? He thought as tears ran down his face.

He felt horrible. He hadn't realized it, but what hurt Lily wasn't the words that he spoke.

It was the fact that they were coming from him.

The person whom she trusted

As he was thinking about all this, there was suddenly a voice behind him

"Hey...... are you okay?"