c h a p t e r 16

Jisung POV

I was in a daze staring at the girl then out of no where, she waved at me. It caught me off guard, but I waved back.

I turned to see that my mom was staring to walk away, so I followed her. When we were about to walk through the door, I tripped on my shoe then accidentally knocked over a flower pot that had a flower inside to try to be sold.

I widened my eyes and looked down, then at my mom. "Jisung..." she said as she sighed. "S-Sorry!" I said as I moved out of the way.

From the corner of my eye, I saw the same girl that waved at me walk my way. "I'm sorry...he's just a bit clumsy." My mom said to her as I just stood there with a red face.

"It's fine." She chuckled slightly and cleaned up the soil and the broken pot. I was about to help her when my mom stopped me. I looked at her confused and she just gave me that look like 'don't'.

"I'm really sorry...I tripped over my shoe...I didn't see the pot, I'm sorry!" I said once more. "Really, it's okay!" The worker smiled at me. I nodded then backed up as she picked up the remaining pieces.

"Don't worry, no charge." She smiled at my mom. She nodded, "Thank you." We headed out the store then we got in the car.

When we got in the car, she sighed and looked out towards the flower shop. "Jisung." "Yes...?" I said nervously. "Please, watch where you're going next time, okay?" I nodded. "Sorry mom...I really didn't mean it..." I said feeling bad still.

"It's fine Jisung." She said, I nodded then looked out the window for a while. It was quiet then I looked at my mom before asking her a question.

"Mom? Why didn't you want me to help her out?" I asked. "Because Jisung, the last thing I wanted was you to get yourself hurt by touching the broken pot. Also, because your royalty. You shouldn't have to be doing anything like that anyways. Leave it to those people." She said as she snickered on the last part.

I nodded a bit and looked out the window. 'I just wanted to help...' I thought as I continued to look out the window.

Hwang Da-Eun's POV

Jisung and I got to the cemetery. I couldn't believe the whole show he put on at the flower shop, but I let it go.

We got off the car, and we started to walk towards the graves. "Oh, my sister. How I miss you, my dear friend." I said as I sighed and placed the flowers on her grave. I then looked over at the other grave, which was her husband's. "My sister's dearest husband...how we also miss you." I said as I placed the flowers down.

I looked over at Jisung who just looking and reading their gravestones. "And this was twelve years ago?" He asked still reading the stones.

"Yup, you were three and Hyunjin was five." I said. "Was she the girl that would play with Hyunjin all the time?" I nodded. "Oh...I kind of remember her, but not too much." "Yeah, her parents would come over too. It's so sad how that happened to them..."

"Wait...could it happen to us too?" Jisung asked looking at me. "Oh no, Jisung. We have a lot of security guards on standby. We're all safe and good." I smiled. Jisung nodded then payed our respects and went back into the car, then headed home.