c h a p t e r 45

Hwang Hyunjin's POV

  It was the next morning and my mom was saying her goodbyes as she got ready for her trip to America. Once she left, I looked at my dad with despair.

  "Please, please, please let me go to the cottage and see if she's there! I need to make sure she's okay, and since mom is gone, I hope to be able to go see her!"

My dad started to chuckle then shook his head. "I was going to let you go anyways. Just be sure to take some food with you."

I nodded and smiled widely like a kid on Christmas as got some food and went out through the back and into the woods to the creak where it all began.

I crossed the rocks then went up to her door and knocked on it.

Yang Y/n's POV

I was cleaning the dishes when I heard a knock at the door. Chan and Minho had just gone to the groceries so I was surprised at how fast they were.

I went to the door to open it and I saw a tall figure standing there. "HYUNJIN!?" I said as I looked at him. He smiled widely and hugged me.

I was so happy to see him again, and he was just as excited to see me again.

"I'm so sorry I hadn't been able to get in contact with you! My mom took my phone away and she basically kept me locked inside but she's on a trip so I could be with you for three days now!"

  "No, no! It's okay!" I said as we stayed in an embrace.

  We hugged for a while until I got a pain on my side. "O-Ow be careful..." I said as I backed away. "What happened...?" He asked as he looked at me.

  "My appendix ruptured...and I had to get surgery and the area they did it hurts...the doctor said it would hurt for a bit but it's okay..."

  Hyunjin looked down then back up at me. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you...you know I would've been if it weren't for my mom..."

  "It's okay, don't worry about it! It wasn't my intention to happen!" Hyunjin nodded then brushed the hair out of my face.

  Our eyes locked and met then we both looked away blushing.

  About a few hours later, Chan and Minho were home after going to the groceries and Hyunjin was still with us.

  Hyunjin had spent the whole day with us basically then when it came after dinner time, he had to leave.

  "I'm gonna head back...you should get some rest..." he said as he smiled at me. I nodded then walked him to the door.

  As I opened the door, he turned to look at me. "Why don't you come meet my dad and brother..." he said.

  When he said that, I felt my heart sink and my body feel weak. Knowing what had happened in that dream, made it seem like it was soon going to become reality.

  I turned to look at Chan and Minho then they both widened their eyes. "I mean...you don't have to...it's okay..."

  "Give me one second..." I said as I closed the door then looked at Chan and Minho.

  "Maybe...it's best to tell him and his family...while his mom isn't there..." I said as I smiled slightly with tears in my eyes.

  "Well, if you're ready..." Chan said as Minho gave a reassuring nod. I took a deep breath in then let it out. "We'll see how it goes over there..." They both nodded then I opened the door and greeted Hyunjin.

  "Let's go." I said as he nodded and walked together.