Chapter 9

"Why does it always rain the hardest on those who serve the sun and rainbow?".

                                     Anonymous.

—————————————————————-

He sat by the window in his so called room as he listened to the soothing sound of the rain. It oddly calmed him down.

He used to be afraid of the rain when he was much younger but now ... it was his favorite.

Times like this, his mother will welcome him in her arms and stroke his long hair in a calm manner that makes his muscles relax.

Other times she prefer to hold him in her arms till sleep takes both of them away.

Look at how things had changed over time, he was no longer a little boy , a little happy boy.

He was growing into living a life where he felt worthless, a life where he felt like he was just space on Earth and he had no use.

He had no purpose of living. Nothing seemed to fancy him or excite him any longer. He can't even remember the last time he was happy, the last time he smiled even though it was a fake one.

He felt like he had forgotten what it felt to even be happy for only pain , anger and self hatred were rapped around his cold yet fragile heart.

He felt something grabbed onto the hem of his trousers, he then wondered what it was so he peaked only to find little Hiba trying to hold onto him for support.

He didn't understand how babies worked , she was just seven months but she like to roam around the house like a pest.

He gently pushed her away , he was not in the mood for her games but then again, has he ever been in the mood for her games or anything else?

A gasp escaped his Aunt's lips and that's when he took notice of his Aunt Nafisa and her friend... Aisha who stood by the door.

"My baby.." Aunt Nafisa rushed towards Hiba and picked up a crying baby.

"Shhhh, it's okay my darling. Don't you cry, mommy is here"...she said in a very sweet tone to her child.

Sadly, she remained Asad of his own mother, he longed to be in his mother's arms too.

To feel love and safe perhaps....even if it was for a moment.

"Asad "... Aunt Aisha cleared her throat.

Asad gazed at her but said nothing in response.

"Since you have proven to be stubborn and driven away all your lesson teachers, Nafisa and I will take it upon ourselves to tutor you".

Asad facial features remained the same , bored, nonchalant and undisturbed as she spoke.

Nafisa was very bothered about his attitude she left like he was slowly growing into the darkness and emptiness with each passing day.

"I will need your subject combination. Your classes will commence tommorow"... Aunt Aisha said with finality and left the room

Nafisa tried to read his facial but he gave her nothing to read, she then heaved a sigh and left with Hiba.

Asad always felt bad for the way he treated his Aunt Nafisa but he did not know how to be nice or how to approach her and patch things up.

Aunt Aisha being the woman of her word started classes with Asad the following day, Nafisa was just there for support but Asad was giving them a hard time thinking they might leave but they proved him wrong.