Chapter 41

"The message is the loudest when it is silent.
~Ali Gatie.

—————————————————————

Hiba woke up the following morning and got serve by Anas with breakfast in bed.

She was on her period so she wasn't praying and the sweet scent of the food Anas prepared made her stomach grumble.

"For me?"... Hiba stared at Anas with tender eyes.

Anas slowly nodded and stared at her with sad eyes.

Hiba gently pushed the tray of food away and hugged Anas "Thank you for letting me stay here and making me breakfast as well. You are truly the best"... Hiba tighten the hug.

'The best that killed your father?'... his subconscious mind taunted him.

He did not know how he was going to tell Hiba the truth about her father's death and there was a bigger secret that he was hiding from her and if she finds out, then she was going to hate him even more.

Hiba broke the hug and stared at him.

"Why the puppy face Anasu?"... Hiba tried to lighten up his mood but it was not working.

Anas gently held her hand with care as if it was as fragile as an egg then caressed them.

He opened his mouth to tell her the truth as he stared at her beautiful face then just felt discouraged.

He just could not do it... maybe in the evening when he was calmer and she was out of sight.

He would call her and tell her but for now , he did not have the courage to look into her eyes and break the news to her.

He knew it was coward like of him but he could not help it.

He had to chose between his love for her and justice for Asad and being the man he was, he decided to ignore his love for her and defend Asad's name.

It will cause him pain but he did not mind that.

He preferred to be in pain than let Asad go through another set of pain again.

"Promise me you won't hate me if anything happens"... his own eyes were glossy now.

It has been so long since when he was last emotional so the feeling felt foreign to him unlike Asad who was always sad.

He can't remember when last he fell in love with someone and when last he wanted to be with someone.

He does not even know how he fell for Hiba but he knew they could never be together.

She will surely hate him after finding out the truth.

"I will never get angry with you less talk of hating you My Anasuu"... Hiba smiled at him.

Her smile had a way of warming his anxious heart and he just felt himself becoming calm after her statement.

"You keep on looking more and more beautiful in my eyes"... Anas reached out for her knuckles and kissed them making Hiba smile at him sheepishly.

She did not know what was happening to her heart but she knew one thing was for sure.

Her heart wanted Anas and that was all that mattered to her.

Unknown to her, she was getting addicted to a losing game.

"Come let's eat"... Anas said because her closeness started making his mind go somewhere else.

Hiba nodded and allowed Anas feed her with the pancakes he made.

After he was done feeding her, he took her to the mirror and made her hair for her but he watched her stare at herself in the mirror with sad eyes.