Chapter 37

"Everyone is scared of bad people but when they meet good people, they try to use them".

                                      ~Unknown.

—————————————————————

After that photo shoot incident, Nawal did not dare to come near Asad or anywhere around his territory.

She just stayed with Karima in big boss mansion.

Aunt Nafisa and Hiba were angry with the way Asad spoke to Nawal but they could not do much about it.

They just scolded him and Asad nonchalantly nodded his head.

Today being a faithful day was going to be the day Asad and Nawal will get married.

Asad got dressed in his native attire very early in the morning and went to the mosque where he met Mr Kasim, Mr Ahmed, Shabbar , Big boss and some other noble men.

An Imam ( a Muslim who leads the prayer in a mosque) was also there and all the men stood as they did the wedding procedures.

The Imam then prayed and the men chorus an 'amen'.

"Alhamdullilah (Thank God), congratulations Mr Suhail. You are now a married man"... The Imam shook Asad's hand.

His words felt like poison to Asad's black soul.

'I am now a married man? I am married to that prostitute? I am married to Nawal?'... Asad did not like that at like.

Not even one bit of it.

"Congratulations... take good care of my Nawal, she is a very good girl and I want her to be in good hands because she means the world to me"... Big boss showed fake concern and love then shook Asad's hand and flashed him a fake smile.

Asad reluctantly nodded and left the mosque having mixed feelings.

Mr Kasim followed him and decided to talk to him.

"Mr Suhail.." he addressed him formally.

"Good day sir"... Asad greeted.

"Good day to you as well. Congratulations to you. I wish you all the best as you embark on this new journey of yours and also ensure you take care of my Nawal"... Mr Kasim stated.

Unlike Big Boss, Mr Kasim truly cared about Nawal.

Asad just nodded but seemed anxious.

"Congratulations Mr Asad"... Mr Ahmed then congratulated him and more elderly and noble men stepped forward and shook hands with him.

"Married life is not a joke, you will need to be patient with your partner and always be there for her and love her. Patience is very important,  you will need to be patience"... Asad heard one of the elderly man say.

Asad just nodded to this.

"You have to be there for one another and learn to love each other at your worst because this marriage is a life time commitment"... another elderly man stated.

'Then what if it's just a contracted marriage and we will part ways after 3 months?'... Asad asked inwardly.

***

Nawal cried in the make up studio as Karima stayed with her.

"You will be fine, just do your part of the deal and everything will be alright"... Karima stated.

"But...but what if I don't want to hurt him"... Nawal cried harder.

Karima raised her head up and cupped her cheeks "You just have to dearie. You do not really have a choice".