Chapter 45

"It hurts when you trust someone blindly and that person proves that you are actually blind".

~Anonymous.

—————————————————————

"You... you are the killer?"... Anas heard Hiba say.

His heart immediately sank as their eyes met.

'This is bad!'....Anas' heart was racing fast and loud.

"You killed my father?"... Hiba stared at Anas with wide eyes.

Anas rose to his feet and walked towards where Aunt Nafisa and Hiba were.

"Hiba I..." .... Hiba cut Anas off guard by slapping him hard in the face.

"Did you kill my father ? Yes or no?"... Hiba's eyes became glossy.

"Hiba"... Anas called out.

"Just answer me!"... Hiba shouted.

Anas heaved a sigh and nodded. "Yes , I killed your father the day you were born. I aimed his head with a gun and I shot him"... Anas stated and received another hot slap.

"I...I trusted you"...Hiba broke down and started crying in front of Anas.

"Hiba please listen I-"... Anas was cut off by Hiba.

"I trusted you Anas... I trusted you blindly and you proved to me that I was actually blind"... Hiba cried harder.

Anas felt his heart clench and tighten with pain.

He did not want Hiba to find out this way.

He wanted to go and meet her and tell her in a calm manner but things took an unexpected twist.

"Get out of my house Anas"... Asad stated to Anas.

"Asad wait , you have to please listen to me, I am a dying man. I have less than 24 h-"... Anas tried to tell Asad but Asad did not let Anas complete his statement.

"Sure , you would say anything to make us pity you and forgive you at this point but it is not going to work. Get out and never show your face here again"... Asad barked at Anas.

"I am not done with you"... Hiba pulled Anas by his collar and slapped him again for the third time.

"You knew that Asad was not the killer and you did not stop me from coming to his house and attacking him"... Hiba shouted at Anas.

"You knew that you were the killer! The night I came crying to you, you knew that Asad was innocent and you said nothing to defend his name"...Hiba screamed at the top of her lungs.

Her make up has spilled and her tears spoiled her mascara.

"Hiba it's not what you think"... Anas said.

Meanwhile ... Aunt Nafisa remained silent and in shock.

She regarded Anas as her son not knowing that he was the one that killed her husband.

"I am sorry Hiba"... Anas stated.

"Sorry? Is sorry going to bring back my dad?"... Hiba screamed as her tears streamed down so freely.

Her heart felt so heavy and the only thing she could feel at the moment was betrayal.

Nothing but pure betrayal.

If there is anyone she trusted more than herself than it was Anas.

She trusted him wholeheartedly and his confession just hurts.