Chapter 22

"The human heart is capable of loving more than once".

                                       Anonymous.

—————————————————————

Asad helped his mother like lady into the car and drove around the city.

"Where do you want me to drop you?".. he asked but the lady remained silent, still in fear.

Asad heaved a sigh.

He asked series of questions but she refused to answer.

His air conditioner was on so he couldn't tell whether she was shivering from fear or from the cold.

"Are you feeling cold?"... He asked but was still welcomed by the silence.

He released a sigh and turned off the air conditioner.

He kept on driving and ignored the fact that he was not the only one in the car.

After 30 minutes, he stopped the car and called Anas.

He picked up after the first ring.

"Boss man"... Anas called him by his usual nickname.

"My P.A."... Asad replied in his flat tone again.

Asad then turned and saw that the lady had fallen asleep.

'She looked so peaceful and even pretty as she slept'... he thought.

"Boss man? Are you still there?"... Anas called Asad's attention.

'What's wrong with me?'... Asad talked some sense back into himself.

"Yes my P.A. I met this girl tonight....." Asad stated off.

He didn't know what to do with her and he didn't want to take her to his Aunt's place.

Aunt Nafisa and Hiba will not judge but they will be expecting an explanation and he doesn't want to explain anything.

'I don't owe anyone an explanation...'.... he likes to say but at the same time talking was not his thing.

"Ohhh... finally , is she cute or beautiful? Tall or short? Dark or fair. Does she have curves?"... Anas' annoying voice brought Asad out of his mini trance.

"God , Anas"... Asad sighed.

"Finally, Asad you have finally found someone. I am proud of you my little boy. I am soon gonna be a grandpa"... Anas was acting like a teenage parent tearing up through the line.

"Don't worry , don't rush okay Asad and smile before you scare her away even before the wedding. I can't wait to see your little munchkins . They are go-" ... Asad cut Anas off.

"Enough!"... he ordered.

The last thing Asad wanted was marriage .

He doesn't believe in love less talk of marriage.

"I saved her. She almost got raped. Then I took her to my car and don't know where to take her"... Asad explained.

"Ohhh"... Anas sounded disappointed... "Ask her where she wants you to take her too"... Anas suggested.

"I tried but she didn't response. She just kept on shivering till she fell asleep".. Asad replied.

"Bring her to the studio... Kamal and I are having tea"... Anas stated.

"Okay".. Asad says and cuts the call.

He then stares at the lady again.

She was peacefully sleeping.