Chapter 44

"People want to hear songs with the words they're afraid to say"

~Hilarie Burton.

—————————————————————

Anas who has been in the hospital all this while was heartbroken.

Hiba has been coming with food and fruit to the hospital for Anas and she spent all her time with him then she heads back home in the night.

Anas has been in the hospital for two good weeks and he was going to be discharged today...hopefully but the news did not excite him.

He had healed from what Kamal did to him but he had a way worst illness that could not be healed.

He was now in a fatal and state and his days on earth were numbered.

The doctor said that Anas has been diagnosed with cancer.

He was in his 5th stage of cancer which was the most fatal stage and that is why he was always feeling dizzy.

Soon death will take him away.

He has just seven (7) days to live before he dies and the news was not appealing to him at all.

Now Anas felt like a hopeless man, he still has to tell everyone the truth that he was the person who killed Najib and then he has to tell everybody that he was a dying man.

None of them sounded settling and the fact that he had a week or even less than that left to live was not appealing either.

Anas heaved a sigh as he walked out of the hospital room and went to see the doctor in his office.

"Mr Anas... how are you feeling?"... The doctor stared at him with pity.

Anas had already turned bald and so he has been hiding his bald head by wearing a cap.

Most especially when Hiba or Aunt Nafisa came to see him, he would always wear the cap to hide his sickness.

"I feel terrible"... Anas sadly stated as he sat in a chair opposite that of the doctor.

"I am sorry about your sickness Mr Anas. Try and enjoy the last 7 days you have before you die"... The doctor stated.

"Is that supposed to make me feel happy or sad?"... Anas stared at the doctor.

"I am not saying it to make you feel bad Mr Anas. Just try and be happy, do not let your death worry you"... the doctor stated.

"Doctor I have finally found real and pure love after 20 good years. I found people that have accepted me for who I am and I have found people I can call my family. I found the lady I love and the lady I want to spent the rest of my life with , I have money and a good job and life has been great so far. Now I am excepted to leave all this behind?"... Anas had tears in his eyes as he spoke.

Realization hit him that nothing seemed okay anymore to him.

He was going to die in seven days and he had no choice but to force the truth out if not Asad and his family will never forgive him if they find out after his death.

And now that he was going to die, he won't be there for Asad and he won't be there to stop Big boss from plotting evil against Asad.

And the one that was the most heartbreaking was the fact that he was going to leave his Hibatu.

'It means she will be hurt and devastated but she will eventually move and learn to love another'... Anas thought.

The of losing Hiba to another man caused pain to Anas' dying heart.