Chapter 12

Causing pain is my duty
Misery is my city
Self hatred is my ability
My dearest savior
I truly possess gullibility
Could you be my knight in shining armor?
Not an admirer but an advisor
And save me with your unearthly beauty .....
Asad updated his journal and kept it under his bed.

Three weeks went by in a blur and Asad couldn't find his savior. He searched all places possible but she was no where to be seen.

Throughout the three weeks that had passed, Kamal had been by Asad's side. Showing him round and introducing him to people but Asad being his usual self gave off his cold demeanor and scared everyone away but he was trying to adapt even though he won't admit it.

Asad found out that Kamal was a public figure  but in a negative way and he was actually his senior with a year, his whole group were. Noor was an up coming public figure, that's why people were sending death glares his way when he hurt her feelings.

He still hasn't apologized till date and he wasn't planning to... well not any time soon.

During his free time, Asad goes to the gym, not to burn calories but memories instead, imagining Karima was a punching bag , he would punch it till he had no more strength to punch again.

Apart from going gym, Asad would sometimes go to the river to calm his mind down, other times he would hope to meet his savior there but she never returned.

Asad would sometimes drink when he felt like nothing was working and other times he would just go to the library and bury himself in books.

Asad was starting to get along with Kamal but was still giving him a hard time, Kamal was still glad with the little improvements.

He usually gave Asad space when he needed it and bugged Asad when he felt like it.

After his normal class, Asad went to the library to study since it was Friday, no more classes till Monday. He met Noor and some other people there who sent glares his way in which he ignored.

He sat besides Noor and observed her childish behavior but said nothing.

He read for awhile and left the library. On his way back he saw a feminine figure in the hallway.

He blinked several times and realized it wasn't a dream.

Asad was shocked to see her standing not to far away from him.

She smiled as she walked his way and pulled him in for a hug, he held back the tears that threatened to fall as he released the hug.

"Asad, you look ... different" she smiled observing that his hair is slightly longer and he looks calm instead of disturb.

His eye bags were not as bad as before either.

"You look different as well"... his eyes were calm and his facial expression was not readable as always.

"You are spending the weekend with me, we will bring you back on Sunday"... She stated and he simply nodded in agreement.

"What happened to your phone, I have been calling it but it has not been reachable for a while"...Aunt Nafisa frowned.

"I broke it"... he shrugged like it was no big deal.

"You broke it".. Aunt Nafisa's eyes widen.

She bought him that phone with her hard earn money.

Asad shrug remember how he broke it. He sat by the river where he met his savior, intoxicated and frustrated at the moment and the phone kept on ringing so he just shattered it into pieces then threw it into the water.