Chapter 32

"Pain is the most loyal friend you will ever have, it never fails to show up".

                             Wednesday Addams.

—————————————————————-

Anas stayed with Nafisa till she stopped crying and slept off.

'Did she spend the whole night crying as well?'... he thought as he rose to his feet and went to look for Hiba.

He met her munching on some food in the second kitchen that was upstairs.

"Hibatuuuu".... Anas called out and watched Hiba smile.

"Anasuuu"... she returned the same energy as she continue munching on the fries in her plate.

"You and food this girl"... Anas pointed out.

"Life is sweet and simple so why not enjoy nature in abundance"... she was talking about food.

"I wonder how you are not fat"... Anas stared at her.

'She looked cute as munched on her food like she had no worries in the world'... Anas thought.

"It's nature"... Hiba gave Anas a sly smile.

"Well I will let you enjoy yourself"... Anas stated and was about to leave.

"Bye Hibatuuuu"... Anas stated and walked out.

"There is no 'u' in my name"... he heard Hiba shout out as he made his way to Asad's room.

It seems like the weather matched everyone's mood today.... Well except for the little foodie in the kitchen.

Apart from her, everyone else was gloomy and sad.

Most especially Asad.

He was a person who loved the rain, mostly on dark and sad days.

He sat by the window and stared outside, he listen to the rain and watched how it fell heavy.

A thunder struck and that shook Anas but Asad unwaveringly stared outside.

Anas made his presence clear and sat on Asad's bed but Asad was too lost in his thoughts to notice.

'When people endure a lot of pain they don't cry again. They just turn silent... completely silent'.... Asad's inner thoughts said.

Anas stared at Asad with pity and just sat in the comfortable silence as the day went by.

That evening Anas bid his goodbye to everyone and was about to leave when Hiba called him.

"Yes Hibatu?".

Hiba frowned but still spoke.

"Uhmm... my mother was sad and Asad was also sad and nobody took me to school today"... She explained and Anas became concerned.

"It's alright. I will come and take you to school tomorrow. How does that sound?"... Anas asked.

Hiba smiled gleefully making Anas smile back.

"Thank you"... she hugged him.

He hugged her back... briefly before leaving.

Anas decided to take a walk back home and bury himself in thoughts.

Unlike Asad and Kamal, his love life was very complicated.

He knew it sounded stupid and strange. He couldn't be with her even if he wanted to.

He shook his head as little Hibatu came to his mind.

He was older than her with 18 years and maybe it's because he hasn't dated in a while if not he why will he have his eyes glued on a 17 year old , he didn't know.