16

I went back to Mew's villa, where I had been living for almost two months with him. I felt disappointed in myself for not revealing the true reason for joining the company and working under him. Initially, I had only intended to complete my work and leave the company for good. But now, with all the mess I've created, I've brought chaos into my own life. I know Mew will be disappointed in me this time. Last time, I managed to escape the truth about the video tapes, although it was only a partial truth. But this time, he will surely think that I used him. What should I do now? How should I confess the truth to him? With all these thoughts swirling in my head, I arrived home. Since it was Sunday, Mew was at home, working.

"Welcome home, my love! How was your day?" he asked, wearing a tired smile. As always, he looked handsome in his tank top, exuding masculinity. He was breathtaking.

"Mew, I need to confess something to you," I admitted, my voice laced with a mixture of remorse and maturity. The weight of my guilt was palpable, knowing that this was not the first time I had found myself in a position of confessing something to him.

As I gathered my thoughts, I couldn't help but reflect on the consequences of my actions and the impact they had on our relationship. It was essential for me to approach this confession with utmost sincerity and honesty, fully aware of the potential repercussions it might have on our bond.

Taking a deep breath, I continued, "I want you to know that I deeply regret my past actions and the pain they may have caused you. It is crucial for me to be open with you, even if it means facing the consequences of my mistakes. Please understand that my intention is not to hurt you further, but rather to seek forgiveness."( there was a pause for a moment)(his words were struck) and work towards rebuilding the trust that may have been compromised."

In the hopes that my words conveyed the depth of my remorse and my genuine desire to make amends. It was now up to Mew to decide how he would respond to my confession, and I braced myself for the potential outcomes, knowing that our relationship hung in the balance.

"Sure, love. Say what you need to say," he replied.

"It's that... I am quitting the company tomorrow. I have already submitted my resignation letter," I said, my voice clouded with mixed emotions.

"What the hell are you saying? Are you out of your mind? Is there something wrong with me, Gulf? Tell me, and I'll make sure everything goes right. But don't say that you're leaving my side," Mew said, his eyes welling up with tears. It was the first time I had seen him in this state. He is a man of virtues, but I know he loves me above all.

"Mew, I need you to listen to me first. I'm not saying I'm leaving you; I'm just quitting the company," I said, pulling him to sit on the couch. I held his face and asked, "Are you sure you love me, Mew?"

"What nonsense is this, Gulf? You know how much I love you," he replied.

"Just say yes or no," I insisted.

"Yes," he answered.

"I have kept some truths to myself these days, and I'm really sorry for that. I know you checked my background but failed. We had planned it beforehand and executed it. I'm sorry for that too," I said, holding his hands. He watched me with awe in his eyes.

"The truth is, I am the new CEO of Aadhirene Group of Companies. I needed work experience for a short time, so Uncle Sean helped me join the company," I revealed. He was shocked by the news.

"What are you saying? How can you be the CEO of Aadhirene? I heard the MD of the company died many years ago, and he didn't even have children. That's why Mr. Max Kanawut had to carry the burden of the company," he exclaimed.

"It's true. Max is my grandfather, and the former MD of the company was my maternal uncle. After he died, they moved to the countryside and hid us from the world to keep our existence a secret. As my brother had no interest in the company, I had to take over. Uncle Sean is a close friend of our family, and he used to run the company after my uncle's death. Now, he believes I am capable of handling the work, and my parents are pressuring me to return to the company," I explained.

"How could you conceal the truth from me for such an extended period? Moreover, this isn't an isolated incident; you've displayed similar behavior in the past," he exclaimed, his voice brimming with anger and disappointment.

Overwhelmed with remorse, I implored, "Mew, I deeply regret not being forthcoming with you from the outset. I genuinely apologize for my actions."

Silence hung in the air as he rose from his seat and retreated to his room, leaving me shattered. Never before had he exhibited such detachment towards me. Now, I am left to ponder what his verdict will be regarding our future together...