31

Gulf's POV

"I can still vividly recall the day Ken was discharged from the hospital. As we rode in the car, I couldn't shake the feeling that Mr. Sean wanted to have a heart-to-heart with his son. Little did I know that my entire life was about to be questioned.

{Gulf started reminiscing about the incident.}

After the discharge, at once uncle Sean started the car, it took over an hour to reach our destination. Everyone was bewildered as to why he had brought us to this secluded place, and Mew was struck with awe, realizing he had never known of this place his entire life. Upon entering the garden, we were greeted by a stunning sight. In the heart of the garden, a majestic glass house stood, adorned with white flowers and plants. At its center, a grand burial site of a person with a white tombstone caught our attention, with red stone in the middle seemingly pointing to something significant.

The inscription read, "In memory of Serene." Instantly, Ken was overcome with emotion, leaving Mew and Gulf with lingering questions. They remained silent as Sean ushered them inside the house.

The abode was a marvel of architecture but lacked vibrancy. It was a world of grey and white, yet undeniably elegant. Leading us to the expansive studio on the first floor, Sean revealed a space resembling a museum of someone's cherished possessions, albeit somewhat disheveled. Inside a glass case, there lay preserved, blood-stained garments, invoking a sense of mystery."

Mew, confronted his father, "Dad, could you please explain why you brought us to this specific house? What's the story behind these blood-stained clothes and the tomb outside? Who is this person? Who is Ken? Why have you kept things from me? Am I really your own son? What's with your attitude towards me? I never wanted to say this, but is Ken more important than me? You've never cried in front of me, but you did in front of him." Mew's barrage of questions came to a halt as he observed his father's impassive expression.

Sean gestured for them to sit on the couch. He removed the white screens covering the walls, unveiling a series of photos depicting a striking young man in his thirties. Some of the images featured Sean and the young man, sharing beautiful, joyous moments. Mew and Gulf were captivated, while Ken rose from the couch to stand near the photo frames, his eyes glistening with tears.

Sean began, "Mew, you've always been a composed child. You've never questioned me, never even asked me about your mother, even if you had wanted to. To answer your questions, you never had a mother to begin with. You were born to me and the person in these photos through IVF. I never intended to keep anything from you; it's just that he left us when you were a year old." He went on to recount the entirety of his past, including the revelation that Gulf was an adopted son.

It was a look that Sean had hoped never to witness on the faces of his children. By concealing everything, he realized it was the greatest disservice he could have done to them. They deserved to know who they were and whom they should be aware of.

Mew wept openly, his emotions overwhelming him as he reverently touched and felt everything that had once belonged to his parents. Meanwhile, Gulf sat there, devastated, as if struck by lightning.

Recollections of his past mistakes flooded Sean's mind, realizing the errors that had cost him his own happiness. He regretted not warning Serene about potential threats and had naively believed he could always shield him. Fate, however, had proven him wrong. Despite his influence, he couldn't prevent certain events from unfolding.

After some time, Moana and Mark arrived at the house, having learned about Sean's actions. While Mark attended to Mew and Ken, Moana went straight to Gulf and embraced him. She declared, "I may not have given birth to you, but I was the first person you saw. I carried you throughout your life, staying up all night to soothe your cries. Did you know, you always smiled whenever you saw me? Do you still deny the fact that I am your true mother?" Gulf, overcome with emotion, cried out, pouring his heart out, "You are my mother, and only you, nobody else."

*present*

Following that day, Ken returned to work, resolved the case he had been handling, and even decided to step down from his position. Everything seemed to be progressing smoothly, but my conscience wouldn't let me rest. So, I gathered the courage to speak, "Papa, Mama, I don't want to continue as the CEO. I would like to resign." Everyone appeared shocked, and Ken was the first to respond, "What nonsense are you saying, Gulf? What's going on with you?"

I explained, "I'm not giving up this position because I feel insecure. It's because after much contemplation, I believe that the entire inheritance from Uncle Serene should belong to Ken. Yes, I am your son, but this inheritance was left by Uncle Serene to Ken. At the time, he worked tirelessly with one goal in mind - to ensure that Ken could stand shoulder to shoulder with Mew. Just because Ken wasn't interested, I can't take it over." Continuing, I addressed Ken directly, "It's been your responsibility from the start. Uncle Serene worked so hard, hoping to secure a better future for you, and it's your duty to safeguard it." Ken interrupted, saying, "Gulf, there is no difference between you and me. If Serene were here, he would have given it to you without a second thought." I responded, "Serene has given me a priceless gift that surpasses this entire inheritance." with, teary-eyed, "He sacrificed his life for me and the person who gave birth to me. I apologize to him and acknowledge that the woman he sacrificed himself for was not worth it. Although everything has passed, I want to live like him - to repay the favor he did for me. I want to take care of Mew by his side." Clearing my throat, I concluded, "So please, don't refuse my request."

In the wake of Gulf's heartfelt revelation, a somber silence enveloped everyone, the day filled with poignant conversations and emotions.

--

Sean rose and made his way to Serene's burial place, carrying a bouquet of white and red roses along with a bottle of champagne. Standing beside the tomb, he whispered, "Serene, I have fulfilled my mission. give me your approval".

-------------