29

present

"Ken, don't you think Aadhirene and Serene are similar?" Techno asked before falling asleep.

The mere mention of their names by Techno triggered an irresistible feeling in Ken. His heart began to race for unknown reasons, and with that thought, he felt himself growing sleepy.

That same night, Ken started running a fever and muttered something in his dream. "Bad uncle, don't hurt Serene. Ken is scared... It's dark inside. Ken is scared," he sobbed. "Papa, please come soon. It's very scary here. Serene is not talking to me," Ken screamed in his sleep, trembling in fear and crying. The commotion woke Techno.

"Ken, are you okay? Why are you crying? Ken, wake up. It's me, Techno. Why are you crying?" Techno asked, trying to make him open his eyes. Ken woke up with a start, appearing to remember something he shouldn't have. He continued crying even louder and hugged Techno. After hours of suffering, Ken didn't say anything and fell asleep again. Techno didn't know what else to do, so without delay, he called Gulf and informed him about Ken's condition.

In just half an hour, Mew and Gulf arrived at Ken's place. Techno explained everything to him and asked for Ken to be taken to the hospital, as he had a high fever. Without wasting any time, they rushed him to the hospital. Gulf called his parents and informed them of the situation. Moana and Mark were deeply concerned and promised to arrive as soon as possible while Ken received treatment.

They were sitting in the lounge area of the special ward, anxiously waiting for their parents. The door swung open, and they anticipated seeing Moana or Mark, but instead, Sean barged into the room. Without exchanging a word with anyone, he went straight to Ken and sat beside him.

Sean took Ken's hands in his own, holding them firmly, his eyes reflecting a mix of sadness and tears.

Mew was in utter shock, witnessing his father's disregard for him as he focused solely on someone else's son. He was more concerned with the expression on his father's face. The esteemed business magnate, Mr. Sean, who was considered the epitome of perfection, appeared lost in the presence of this other child. Mew felt a familiar sense of abandonment from his childhood, but why now? What significance did Ken hold for his father? Is he more important than me? Questions swirled in Mew's mind, yet he didn't want to reveal his insecurities, for he was, after all, his father's biological son.

Gulf sensed the strange atmosphere in the room and asked, "How come you're here, Uncle?" Sean remained silent, instead requesting Gulf and Mew to step outside for a while. Confused, both Gulf and Mew complied and went out, while Techno stayed on the other side of Ken's bed.

Outside, Gulf saw his parents and explained the situation, mentioning how Uncle Sean had asked them to step outside. Moana and Mark nodded understandingly and told Gulf to stay there while they went inside.

Sean asked Techno about Ken's condition, and Techno explained everything to him. Upon hearing the details, Sean's face filled with distress, prompting Mark to place a comforting hand on Sean's shoulder.

For Techno, who was already confused, these actions made it even more challenging to comprehend the situation. That night, Sean asked everyone else to leave, expressing his desire to stay behind. This made Mew even more uncomfortable. Not only had his father not uttered a single word to him, but he was also now devoting extra attention to someone Mew hardly knew until Gulf entered his life.

With a broken expression, Mew left the hospital. Gulf seemed to notice all these things but didn't say much until they arrived home. Then, Gulf spoke up, saying, "Mew, I understand what you're thinking, and I'm thinking the same. But please, don't worry too much. We'll ask Uncle Sean for an explanation once everything gets sorted out." However, Mew didn't find much solace in those words. He sighed and sat on the sofa.

Gulf approached Mew, standing in front of him, gently holding his chin in his hand. He said, "Even though Uncle Sean is my father's friend, we haven't been close to our family, or at least that's what I thought. Maybe he and Ken have grown closer recently. Please give him time to explain himself." Mew looked up at Gulf, hugged him in the same position, and said, "I'm not suspecting my father. It's just that he has never shown that kind of emotion before, not even towards me. It made me sad and made me think a lot. I know it's not what I think." He snuggled into Gulf's tummy and smiled. "So let's give him the time you suggested."

---

Ken started to feel a little better and opened his eyes, his vision gradually adjusting. The first person he saw was Sean, and something overwhelmed his heart. He exclaimed, "Papa!" and started crying. Sean, shaken by everything that had happened in just one day, without hesitation, reached out and embraced Ken. "My little prince," he said, his eyes also filled with tears. "Yes, it's Papa. Everything will be alright. Don't worry. Rest for today now." Sean continued to comfort Ken by caressing him, and Ken fell back asleep.

After a long time, Ken felt the warmth he had yearned for years. He felt like he had returned to where he truly belonged, realizing that this world was the same as his serene world, with Papa by his side.

Serene whispered soothingly, "Little prince, shhh, sleep and don't open your eyes. Serene is here for you. You don't have to be scared of anyone anymore. Papa came to rescue you, and you are no longer in the dark. There are no more bad uncles. Papa will chase away all the monsters and stand as your guardian, protecting my little prince." He continued to caress Ken's forehead and placed a gentle kiss there. "Baby, can you let go of your worries? Can you let go of me? Now you have grown up, you are strong, and my baby is a police officer who catches bad people. You even have your little lover now," Serene giggled. "It's time, my prince. You have to let go of me in your life and be happy. That's all I ask of you. Can you promise me, baby, that you will fulfill my wishes...?" Serene asked.

Ken, still in his sleep, started crying and replied, "Yes, I promise..." He tried to open his eyes, only to find himself back in the hospital room. Serene was nowhere to be seen; it was as if he had returned to reality. Overwhelmed, Ken cried again, remembering the dream. Sean rushed over to him as he sat, folding his legs, and leaned in. "Ken, are you alright? Why are you crying again?" Sean asked. Ken replied, "Papa, I saw Serene."

----------