1~ Intro To Hell

That image kept popping into Steve's head. The image of Eddie laying dead in his casket. The people at the morgue tried to cover the damage that had been done to his body, but Steve saw right through it. He saw the deep scar that ran from the bottom of Eddie's chin and down his neck. Steve saw the bruises and small cuts scattered across Eddie's face and the small bit of his hands that were showing. But Steve also saw a peaceful grin resting gently on Eddie's face. Steve knew that it wasn't actually Eddie smiling, but he liked to believe it was.

Steve was the one to put Eddie to peace by burying him. Steve didn't want anyone else to do it, he felt like he owed it to him. Steve took his sweet time when he put Eddie to rest, and Steve would be lying if he said he didn't cry the whole time.

Shortly after the funeral, Steve's parents had another business trip. Which left him home alone. Usually he would invite Eddie round, but he couldn't.

Being alone led Steve to the conclusion that everything was his fault. He was the one that made the plan to kill Vecna, he was the one that traumatized Dustin, fuck he was probably the reason his parents left so much. But most importantly he was the reason that Eddie was six feet under in the Hawkins cemetery.

Steve should've died that night. Not Eddie.