4~ Drive In

"Steve, where were you last night? I wanted to play Monopoly." Robin groaned as Steve poured himself a cup of coffee. "I walked down to the seven eleven. I needed some alone time." Robin's eyes softened and she put a hand on Steve's shoulder. "I'm here if you ever need to talk." Steve nodded mumbling a 'thank you' and the two of them finished breakfast.

Today was one of the days where both of Robin's parents worked from really early in the morning until really late at night. To Steve it was normal not having any parental figures around, but it made Robin sad when they weren't there. "Hey, Rob. How about we go out tonight? Like to the movies or some dumb shit." Robin peered her head up from her sketchpad, "Sure what time?" Steve looked at his watch thinking for a minute. "I think the drive in is playing The Shining in around an hour." Robin nodded, getting up from her bed and walking to her closet.

Steve went back to his room, all his clothes were bland. His eyes kept lingering over Eddie's leather jacket, Steve contemplated it for a few minutes. Ultimately he grabbed the jacket, pairing it with a plain black t-shirt, and black jeans, all of which happened to be Eddies. Steve was looking for shoes, he couldn't just wear his normal blue converse. He decided to dedicate his whole outfit to Eddie. Steve slipped on Eddie's boots, the leather was creased and they looked very worn, but Steve wouldn't want them any other way. He even threw on a bit of eyeliner.

Steve looked at himself in the mirror above his dresser. He had just finished his hair, it looked like it normally did, big and fluffy. Steve put on one of Eddie's rings, he never left without it. It had four skulls on it, and a cross dividing them, there were other rings but this was Steve's favorite.

"Robin you ready?" Steve heard a bit of commotion from Robins room, "Yeah one sec!" A minute later Robin stepped out. She was wearing a black jacket that was littered with different patches, under that she had on a black shirt with blue stripes, the shirt was tucked into loosely fitted black jeans. This was a fairly normal thing for Robin to wear. "Are those Eddie's clothes?" Robin's tone didn't seem mocking, but Steve avoided the question just in case. "Alright let's go so we don't miss anything."

When they pulled in they saw the ads playing. Some about new movies, some about new toys, but one caught Steve's eye. It was about a comic that was coming out. It talked about creatures, they seemed very similar to what he'd seen in the upside down. One looked almost identical to the demo-bats. Then his mind went to what the demo-bats had done, to him, to Eddie. "I'm gonna go use the bathroom, I'll be back in a minute." Steve opened his car door and walked to the bathroom. He stared at himself in the mirror. 'It wasn't the dumb bats that killed Eddie. It was you!' Steve's thoughts were relentless. He splashed some water on his face before walking out.

As Steve was walking back to his car he noticed his shoe was untied. He bent over near a tree and tied it. Right as he was getting up he felt someone grab his shoulder, before he could react he was already being pulled through the forest.

This mystery person led him into a spot in the woods that he used to frequent, skull rock. Steve had his eyes pressed shut, like he was waiting to get killed. "Damn, you look good in my clothes, Harrington." Steve's eyes shot open, he was face to face with "Eddie?"