12~Search

A week or two had passed, Eddie heard little to no commotion in the woods. He accepted the fact that his relationship with Steve was gone. He could try and find his uncle, Wayne, but he didn't know if he was safe to be around. When he was bored he found him self wondering what Steve was doing, if Steve was worried about him or not.

Steve had spent the last week and a half pacing around his house. He was worried, yes Eddie had tried to kill him, that didn't mean he didn't care about Eddie. He had just gotten his best friend back, just for him to leave again. Steve went out sometimes to look for Eddie. He would look in abandoned buildings, alleyways, he even looked in the woods. He couldn't find Eddie though. He didn't want to tell Robin, in fear that she would get onto him for wanting to find Eddie. He just wanted his friend back, thats all.

He decided to look one last time, if he couldn't find Eddie he would give up.

It was quite cold outside, it was coming up on the last week of November. Steve knew Eddie hated the cold, he hated anything under 70°. Steve didn't want to think Eddie was suffering, but something inside told him he was.

Hours and hours of searching continued, but Steve still couldn't find Eddie. There was no sign that he had ever even been in the woods. Still, Steve persisted with his journey. He was going to find Eddie, even if it was the last thing he did. Steve went to the lake, the one that had the upside down gateway in it, he went to reefer Ricks and looked there, but still no sign of Eddie. Steve sat down to take a break. He felt tears start to puddle in his eyes, a few stray ones fell, he was getting frustrated. All he wanted to do was find his friend. All he wanted to do was go back home.

Steve opened his eyes. He looked around and realize he had fallen asleep under the stupid tree. He got up and dusted his legs off. This was it he couldn't find Eddie in his life would have to go back to somewhat normal.

On his walk back home, he heard leaves rumbling behind him. He quickly turned around and saw a figure bolt to the right. "Hello?" Steve shouted, he hoped with his whole heart that it was Eddie and not some random animal. A few seconds later, a bunny comes hopping across the leaves, and it sounded identical to what he had heard earlier. "Fuck it. Eddie! Eddie!" Steve repetitively shouted Eddie's name, he hoped that at least someone would hear him, someone who can give him insight on Eddie's whereabouts. "Steve, what are you doing here? And why are you calling Eddie's name?" Steve turned around and saw Lucas standing behind him puzzled. "More important question, why are you out here? Isn't it like way past your bed time?" Lucas looked offended from Steves comment. "I forgot my walki-talki earlier, so i came to get it." With one examination Steve saw the walki-talki sitting comfortably in Lucas' hand. "You're holding it dumbass." Lucas looked down and sure enough it was in his hand. "Did i say walki-talki i meant water bottle. Now if you'll excuse me." Lucas tried to push past Steve, but he ultimately failed. "Why are you actually here Lucas?"Lucas rolled his eyes, and crossed his arms. "Fine. I was here with Max, Dustin, and Mike a week or so ago. And as we were leaving I realized i left my walki-talki behind, i went back to get it and i saw Eddie there. He told me everything from his funeral to what happened at your house. He feels horrible by the way. But since that night I've been taking him food and water." Steve sighed in relief and let his hand run through his hair. "Thank god, can you bring me to him."
"Im not sure-" "I'll give you 20 bucks." "Right this way."