3~ Goodbye To Romance

Steve spent most nights in his room listening to music, or with Robin playing a dumb bored game she found. Tonight was different. After dinner Steve felt like he needed fresh air, he knew there was a seven eleven about three blocks away. He grabbed his Walkman and wallet and left.

Steve had also taken some of Eddie's music, he had good taste. Steve put in an Ozzy Osbourne tape, the first song that was played was Goodbye To Romance, Steve felt his eyes get teary.

"Yesterday has been and gone Tomorrow will I find the Sun Or will it rain"

Steve hummed along to the lyrics, remembering the time he and Eddie listened to this song.

"You two broke up?" Steve nodded as tears fell down his face. "Oh, Steve, don't cry. It'll be alright." Eddie pulled Steve into a tight hug, which Steve melted into. "I have the perfect thing for you."

Eddie put the tape in and pressed play. He let the song play, quietly singing along.

'Yesterday has been and gone Tomorrow will I find the Sun Or will it rain Everybody's having fun Except me I'm the lonely one I live in shame I say goodbye to romance, yeah Goodbye to friends, I tell you Goodbye to all the past I guess that we'll meet We'll meet in the end I've been the king, I've been the clown Now broken wings can't hold me down I'm free again'

Steve let his head fall and rested on Eddie's shoulder. Steve felt an arm wrap around him and he leaned into the touch.

Steve listened closely to Eddie sing, it felt comfortable.

'The jester with the broken crown It won't be me this time around To love in pain I say goodbye to romance, yeah Goodbye to friends, I tell you Goodbye to all the past I guess that we'll meet We'll meet in the end And I feel the time is right Although I know that you just might say to me What you gonna do What you gonna do But I have to check this chance Goodbye to friends and to romance And to all of you And to all of you Come on now'

Steve slowly drifted away to sleep.

The next morning Steve woke up next to Eddie. They weren't cuddling, but they were close.

Steve went into the seven eleven, bought some candy then went back home. Goodbye To Romance still fills his ears. That night was one of the nights where he had to sleep with Eddie's vest.