8~ Nightmares

When Steve told Robins' parents, there were some mixed emotions. They were happy because Steve got to see his parents, but they were also sad because they knew Steve's parents would just leave again. They ended the conversation by telling Steve he was welcome anytime.

Moving wasn't very difficult, Steve only had clothes, some books, and his Walkman. Robin helped Steve move, while Eddie hid in Steve's closet. After everything was packed up, Steve went to look for Eddie. "Hey man Robin's parents aren't here, why are you hiding?" Steve pulled open the closet door, which Eddie immediately slammed shut. "Dude, did you forget the whole vampire thing?! I can't be in the sun, and your window is open." Steve shut the window and closed the curtains. "There it's closed." Eddie slowly appeared from the closet, looking around for any sunlight. "Okay, how are you supposed to get to my car?" Eddie hadn't thought that far ahead. "Um, maybe sunglasses will work?" Eddie saw a pair of sunglasses on Steve's old dresser and threw them on. Then he opened a little bit of the window and placed his hand in the sunlight. Nothing. Eddie jumped up and down with joy. He wasn't sure how that worked, but it did.

"Okay, I think that's all of it." Steve put the last box on the floor next to his bed. Eddie looked around at the box covered room and sighed. "You're my best friend, but it's like eleven o'clock and I'm exhausted." Steve giggled at Eddie's comment. "No yeah you go get your beauty sleep, I'm gonna unpack all this tomorrow anyway." Eddie rolled his eyes at the "beauty sleep" comment, but he mumbled a good night and walked off to his room.

Eddie shut the door and switched off the light. There was a small night light plugged into the wall, it only offered little light. Eddie slipped into bed and got comfortable; it only took him a little time to fall asleep.

When morning came, Eddie walked down to Steve's room and gave the door a gentle knock. "Steve you up?" When Eddie got no response he decided to open the door. Steve was laying in bed, Eddie thought he looked peaceful, he looked too peaceful. Eddie rushed to Steve and started shaking him. Only then did Eddie see the bite mark on Steve's neck, and the paleness of Steve's skin. "No, no, no fuck!" Eddie looked down, he noticed his once pure white shirt was now soaked with the blood of his best friend. Steve suddenly arose, now being shockingly taller than Eddie. "You did this to me, you freak!" Steve pushed Eddie to the floor, right before Steve punched Eddie, Eddie jolted awake.

Eddie sat there stunned, a million thoughts ran through his head. Was Steve okay? Being the main one. Eddie tried to go back to sleep, but every time he closed his eyes, that picture of Steve popped into his head. Hesitantly Eddie made his way to the door. He walked down to Steve's room and with a shaking hand opened the door. Steve was still awake, he looked over at Eddie who at the time had a tear stained face. "Eddie, are you alri-" before Steve could finish his sentence, Eddie started talking. "I'm sorry Steve." A look of confusion made its way across Steve's face. "For what? You've done nothing wrong." Steve walked over to Eddie, he placed a hand on his forehead to see if he was sick. Can vampires even get sick? "I'm just so sorry." Eddie started to break down into tears. Steve pulled Eddie into a hug and rubbed circles on his back. "Eddie, what happened?" Steve's tone sounded patient, like one of a mom. Eddie didn't want to admit the reason he was in there. He didn't want to say it was over some dumb dream, that has proved to be fake. "How about you sleep in here tonight, my beds big enough for the both of us." Steve pulled Eddie to the bed and sat with him. Slowly they both of them drifted into a dreamless sleep.