13~ Nice Guy Steve

Lucas led Steve around for 30 minutes, before finally stopping in front of a small tent, it reminded Steve of Castle Byers. "You stay out here for now, I'll talk to him first." Steve nodded and Lucas stepped in. "Hey Eddie, I bought you some sloppy joes. And a surprise." Eddie grabbed the bag from Lucas' hand with a skeptical look written across his face. "Don't be mad. They just wanna talk." Eddie's face grew with worry as he nodded his head. "Come in." Steve stepped in and was hit with an awful smell. He looked up and saw Eddie sitting there, worry and fear dominating his face. "Lucas, can i speak with him alone, please?" Lucas nodded and stepped outside of the tent. Steve could hear his footsteps getting further and further, and started talking. "Eddie why did you leave? Y'know you can talk to me." Eddie turned his back, now facing away from Steve. "Eddie come on, please talk to me." Steve walked closer, and rested his hand on Eddies shoulder. "Steve I-" Eddie muttered, his voice cracked and there was a stinging pain in his words. "Do you wanna come back home, we can talk about it there." Eddie simply nodded, feeling too weak to say anything.

Steve led Eddie to his car opening the door for him and making sure he was safe. Steve then got in himself, he started the car and drove. He occasionally stole glances at Eddie, who had his head was resting gracefully on the window. The ride was long and silent, the only noise that was heard was the tiers on the road.

Eddie wondered if this was just an act Steve was putting on, "the nice guy", because just a few months ago if you asked Steve to talk to Eddie he would have probably taken the opportunity to bully him. What if Steve wasn't taking Eddie home? He had just tried to kill Steve for fucks sake. What if this was Steves attempt to get revenge? Eddie looked over at Steve. He seemed to be focused, a little too focused for someone who was "just heading home." Eddie slowly unbuckled his seatbelt trying not to make noise, when he knew he was in the clear he quickly opened his door and jumped. He rolled a little bit before getting up and running as fast as he could back into the woods.

It only took a few seconds for the car to stop and for Steve to start chasing him. "Eddie!" Steve ran in the direction he saw Eddie run in, but Eddie was hundreds of times faster than Steve.

Eddie was sitting on a rock, watching the blood pool out of his leg. He knew he shouldn't have jumped, he landed on something sharp that was able to puncture through his pants and skin. "Fuck" the pain was one of the worst he ever felt. Besides the whole bat thing. He took his shirt off and wrapped it around his leg to try and stop the bleeding as much as he could. "Eddie!" He heard Steve grow closer, but he didn't care anymore. If Steve was going to kill him, then let it be.

"Eddie, are you okay?" Steve ran closer to Eddie and dropped down to his level. Eddie nodded and let out a hiss of pain when Steve put his hand on Eddie's leg. "Fuck, Eddie what happened?" Steve snapped his fingers in front of Eddie's face. "Dude, talk to me! Please. Just let me know you're okay." Eddie got up, brushing Steve off of him, and limped away. Steve got up and followed him, he grabbed Eddie and turned him around. He grabbed Eddies face with both his hands. "I don't know what I did to you. But please tell me you're okay, because the last time you were hurt we lost you for months. And I can't do that again. I can't Eddie, I can't." Eddie saw tears pool in Steves eyes, a few fell. He pulled Steve into a hug "I'm fine, Steve." He felt Steve nod in his shoulder. "I'm sorry Steve. So sorry."