17~ Fear the Unknown

"Fuck!"

Immediately, Eddie jumped up from behind the couch. His head was pounding, and his gums were itchy. He knew if he looked over at Robin he wouldn't be able to contain himself. "Eddie, go find Steve. Please." Robin pleaded with Eddie, within seconds Eddie's hunger and desire turned to anger. A few grunts and huffs came from Robin and he knew he was running out of time.

In his rush to the stairs, Eddie knocked Steve's mother to the floor. He made his way up to Steve's door. Pounding and jerking on the locked handle. "Steve! Steve open the door! please." Eddie didn't hear any movement come from the room. He kept begging Steve to open the door, he heard footsteps from behind him. Swiftly he turned around to find Steve's 6'4 dad towering over him. He was a fairly built man, saying Eddie was scared would be an understatement. "You hit my wife." "She shot my friend, i think we are even." Mr. Harrington laughed a sinister laugh and cracked his knuckles. He dug his pocket knife out of the back of his pants and backed Eddie to a wall. "You're trapped." He said with a cocky tone, he thought he had won.

Eddie laughed, hard. He decided that instead of fearing him, he would try to intimidate him. Eddie's crocked smile lingered for a minute, he looked Mr. Harrington in the eyes and let his mouth close to a grin. "That's where you, my friend, are wrong." In a few quick and blurry movements Eddie disarmed Mr. Harrington and slammed him into the wall. "You're trapped." Eddie said finishing his thought. "Lucky for you I'm nice." Eddie threw the knife away from the pair, making sure to keep a strong arm on Mr. Harrington. Eddie balled up his fist, getting the thrill he needed from seeing the look of fear in Mr. Harrington's eyes. "You should fear the unknown." Fortunately, Mr. Harrington was knocked out for the time being with a couple of strong punches.

"Steve back away from the door I'm coming in." Eddie backed up as far as he could. He turned so that his shoulder would make first contact with the door. He picked up speed and hit the door. Again. And again. Finally the door opened. "Steve?" Eddie looked everywhere, under the bed, behind the book case, and in the little nook hidden in the back of the room. "Steve!" Eddie walked over to the connected bathroom, he slowly opened the door scared of what he might find. He fully opened the door and looked around to see a perfectly normal bathroom. He heard sound coming from behind the shower curtain. He pulled the curtain to the side to reveal Steve, balled up in the corner with his eyes scrunched shut, noise canceling headphones on and he was quietly singing a song to himself.

"Doo da da doo, la la la ooo. Doo da da doo, la la la." Eddie bent down and lightly tapped him on the shoulder. Steve jumped a little at the contact, but when he saw who it was he basically jumped into Eddies arms. "I know, I know. Look we have to help Robin, okay. Come on." Steve was confused but nodded and followed Eddie closely. As they got closer Eddie felt that feeling, but once he saw Robin lying almost lifeless, his emotions overtook his instinct.

"It hurts, oh god please it hurts so bad." Robing choked out in between sobs. Both of the boys ran over to her, ignoring both of Steves parents on the floor. "Oh god, how do we get it to stop?!" Steve looked at Eddie for answers. "Uh.. here tie this around her." Eddie took his shirt off and tore it down the middle making it long enough to tie around Robin. "Everything hurts." Her voice was getting softer and her sobs were drying up. The boys knew they didn't have much time left. "I know it hurts, you just have to trust us, okay? I promise we will get you out of here." Eddie swooped down and picked her up. "We have to get her to the hospital now!" Steve nodded in agreement.

Steve got into the back of Robin's car, holding her as Eddie raced to the hospital. "When we get there you have to take her in, okay? I don't trust myself." Steve nodded, he was too scared and in shock to say anything. They soon arrived and Steve hurried in holding Robin's bloody body close to him. Eddie watched from the car. He saw doctors immediately rush to them and take Robin away, Steve tried to follow but the people at the front desk wouldn't let him. He signed some paperwork and came back out to the car.