Ch. 3

NOVA's POV

Fear, something I haven't felt in years...I now was flooded with the foreign emotion. Right now red lights were going in and out in a slow flicker while a alarm blared loudly throughout the building.

I could feel his eyes on me like a lion's are when stalking their prey in the darkness, I had ran away from him which was a large mistake. But how could I not run...how could I not fear for my life in this exact moment.

I had just witnessed the true power of the royals.

I just watched this man ripped out the throat of a original vampire who are known to be some of the strongest supernaturals alive without the slightest problem...all while growling out three words I never thought would've came from him.

I could still hear the words ring through my ears like a echo.

"She's fucking mines."

(Quick warning, I wanted as much detail as possible for when Cavalier and Nova first meet each other so please remember the next few chapters are going to be in one night and possibly early hours of the next day. Love you guys xoxo!)

••• 1 Hour Earlier •••

"Are you sure you want to take this mission Nova? You've never actually been inside the palace before," Parker says while tuning up my earpiece with a small metal like tool. He lifts the piece up off the table and walks over to me making sure it's hidden perfectly under my hair. I was getting ready for this masquerade ball, I wore a long red sparkly dress that had a slit up the leg all the way to my upper thigh. It had a low v cut that showed off my breast quite well, and off the shoulder sleeves.

Honestly I hated dressing up for stuff like this, but I did feel pretty whenever I did decide to dress up.

"Yes Parker, I mean we've went over every detail of the palace...I know exactly where all the triggers to the alarms are and where all the cameras are," I say smiling genuinely up at him to hide the underlying nervousness I just can't get out of my system.

"We don't know that one hundred percent though, none of us have actually been in the palace and boss hasn't been there since Ace was the King," Parker does have a good point, there's a slim chance something could go wrong, but I'm willing to take that chance. This is the only time where we can get into the palace without the new generation interfering with anything.

The new generation aka the gen, are what we have labeled Cavalier, Zion, Genevieve, Xiomara, and Milo. Also know as the new generation of royals.

"But does this not seem iffy to you? Like think for a second Nova...Cavalier hasn't left the damn district since you've started stealing from them, but now all of a sudden him and ever other gen up and leaves when a priceless gem is at stake?" I took a deep breath and fixed my earrings while looking into the mirror in front of me. Parker did have another point...but if I didn't at-least try to take this chance we could lose millions off of this mission.

"Parker are you going to stress the entire time or help me out? We both know I can easily escape them IF they were to be here," I state grabbing my purse and tucking my phone in there, zipping it up before turning to face my mirror once again. Parker didn't argue much after that, he knew how Stubborn I could be when it came to my job.

But something was different about him this time, he really did not want me entering that territory. And I mean I've entered the territory before and came out unscathed...majority of the time, but I had never actually stepped foot into the palace before.

As I sat in the back of a black suv modern truck, Parker stood at the door of it staring at me with a face that said everything he was thinking. He finally took a deep breath and stated, "Nova...I won't be there to get you out of any trouble this time around, I know how stubborn you are because of your sister but honestly you're thinking very stupidly right now. Amelia wants to build a family and do all that other hopeless romantic stuff...I can't give her that if my head is rolling down the corridors in the royal wing."