Ch. 21

Nova's POV

A month had passed since I entered my heat cycle...a month since I last seen Cavalier. Over the last month I became very close with the elderly woman I came to know as Margaret.

Everyone calls her Lady though. I figured that out quite quickly.

Over the last month I became insanely close with her and surprisingly Milo. He checked on me a lot and soon I found myself talking to him...a lot.

He was actually a pretty talkative person once he got comfortable, at first he just nodded his head and gave me short answers when he would sit and talk to me.

But now he was a full on sassy argumentative warrior.

"What the hell Nova? There's no way Vampire Diaries is better than True Blood."

"We are not about to argue about this again Milo...I said what I said."

Yup that's what our days have been like.

I kind of figured that Milo was forced to originally babysit me, because my body had become significantly weaker after going through heat an entire month without my mate even in the same building as me. Some days I wasn't even strong enough to crawl out of bed.

"NOVA!" A small voice yelled as the door to my room swung open.

Sailor as well has become like a younger brother to me, I realized that Cavalier really was his carer. His parents time were completely consumed with royal business, and I felt bad that he always had to be watched my the elders.

So now he spends majority of his time with me, except when my heat flashes come over me, and they were very persistent now.

And due to the fact my wolf wasn't very present, instead of becoming animalistic like most females, I just felt extreme pain. And horniness.

A hot horny mess.

"Hey Sailor, what're you doing?" I ask crawling to the end of the bed and sitting on my knees lifting him up.

"I'm drawing...but I don't quite know how to draw a mouth, can you do it for me?" I look at his drawing and smile, he was quite creative for such a young boy. It was very hard to believe sometimes that he's a runt.

Yep, I also learned that Sailor is the runt in his family. Runts are very rare, and most end up being omegas. But Sailor being the runt didn't really affect him much, he was so intelligent and incredibly strong.

But apparently he was no where near on his twin brother's level, I also learned through stories from Lady that his twin brother was extremely protective over him. She didn't go into depth about any of my other questions, but she didn't mind telling me all about him and how he's forever remembered in the royal castle.

I didn't see how though, it was as if anything related to him was banned. There was pictures besides the one in Cavalier's room and not even a trace of his existence here.

But Lady said that, Sailor kept all of his belongings in the room they once shared together and refused to let anybody remove them.

"All done...who is this?" I ask holding the paper up examining it.

"That's Mickey...I like his grey eyes more than his brown ones, they're so cool." he says pointing out the grey blobs where Cavalier eyes were supposed to be.

"He's also more fun to be around when they're grey." I tilted my head, I was always told that Cavalier was rude, dangerous, and cruel when his eyes turned that color.

"What do you mean?"

"He plays with me, and makes me fly. He draws, and reads to me. Sometimes he shows me his cool fire powers too! He tells me one day I might have them." Hmm interesting...