Ch. 12

Cavalier's POV

I've been sitting in the chair in the same position since I got here. By now the sun has been down about two hours now and it is nighttime. I was exhausted and hadn't ate not a single thing all day, but it didn't effect me much. I've been through worst due to experiments on my body.

As I sat here in this chair though I couldn't do anything but think on Nova. My words towards her earlier...I was becoming filled full of a foreign emotion.

I heard the door open, instantly my eyes dart towards the door and I growled lowly warning whoever that was about to step in to not take another step. Nobody was allowed in this room besides one doctor, one nurse, and select family members...even my cousins weren't allowed to step foot inside of this room.

"Ahh hush up you big grump." I closed my eyes as I instantly recognized that voice and sigh.

"You're lucky you're the one person I'm able to tell my problems." I mutter leaning back in my chair with my eyes closed.

"Any news on him?" Dallas asks curiously coming closer to take a seat in the chair next to me.

"Nope...the doctor says he's still basically brain dead, she thinks it's something wrong with the heart monitor." I says and I can hear the silence drop over us like a blanket.

"So do you plan on speaking to that mate of yours?" He asks changing the subject. Another reason why I like Dallas so much...he knows when not to further something too touchy with me.

"No, right now honestly I could care less about her." That's a lie...the damn spitfire won't leave my mind.

"Pfft...ok and I think pigs can fly." He chuckles out looking over at me while shaking his head, "she doesn't know...but you know that already."

My face tense up and I clench my jaws together. Of course I know she has no idea about who she's associated with. But it still angers me for some reason.

"You need to talk to her," I look at Dallas and I know his words having a double meaning.  He knows something I don't.

"What do you know?" I ask sitting up and placing all of my attention onto him.

"I know that you're alone...and you've been slowly isolating yourself from the rest of your family. And I know that she's the person who's going to fill that hole in your heart up....and that she probably wants a apology." I go quiet and mumble to myself. I hate when he does that whole...'yes I read minds but I keep people thoughts private' bullshit.

"I'll be damned...I don't owe her anything." I state with a eye roll closing my eyes again. Dallas shrugs and stands up heading for the door.

"You need to open up to somebody before you end up killing yourself Cavalier." He says and with that he pauses standing in the door frame, "Plus...you might even learn what she's hiding from you, and trust me. You might want to know."

I watched him leave before sighing and throwing my head back. How come everything in my life had to be so damn complicated.

I looked at the time and I could see it was already about ten thirty. I kept thinking back on Dallas words and grew annoyed at the curiosity now filled inside of me. And I was feeling regret and guilt, the look on her face after my words was enough to make any grown man fall at his knees.

"Damn you Nova." I mumble before standing up and heading to the door.

Nova's POV

I sat on the window seal in the bedroom and looked outside the window. I felt so many emotions right now, I was angry, sad, and felt betrayed. I genuinely had nobody in the world right now to lean onto.