Ch. 6

Nova's POV

I turned over on my side while still asleep and it felt as if I was sleeping on clouds...it was too comfortable.

Slowly I opened one eye and I could see I was laying under a thick cover and in the bed Cavalier was once sleep in, quickly I panic and sit up, scared this might be one of those cliches where I wake up and his arm is around me or something.

But to my shock...the room was empty and his scent was very faint, meaning he most likely did not even sleep in this room. I pull the covers away from me and rub my eyes very carefully, sadly that was the best sleep I've had in years. I slowly crawl out of bed and roll over onto the floor as if a bomb might go off any second. But of course I got caught in the covers and was now stuck on the floor. As I fell and made contact with the floor a loud thump was heard and I let out a small groan.

I could hear the door open to the room and small footsteps walked around the bed...I tried my best to get untangled, growling frustratedly as it became no use. The only thing I could free was my head...but at-least now I could look up to see two curious Amber eyes looking down at me.

A boy who looked maybe about six years old or so was looking down at me and I could see a smile tugging at his lips as he observed my situation. "You my brother's mate?" He asks playing with the strings on his sweatpants, he had a very strong lisp, it was adorable honestly.

I couldn't find myself being rude to a innocent child who was as adorable as this one.

"I guess you could say that..." I mumble managing to free my upper body, I sit up straight on the floor slightly embarrassed that I was caught like that by what appears to be a six year old. I had no idea Cavalier had siblings...

And my boss was sure he knew ever detail of the royals, this young boy must have been well hidden throughout his life.

"Do you know where he is?" I ask...I might find a way to escape if Cavalier is not anywhere near at the moment.

"Hmm...I think he's working out right now," he says propping his arms up and rubbing his chin as if he had to think hard on that. "One day I'm going to be strong just like him!" He states raising his arms up to flex his little muscles. I had to admit he was the most adorable kid I've ever seen.

He has adorable brown freckles that compliment his soft features just like Cavalier except the adorable...and soft features part, curly hair that was kept up in a neat hair cut, him and Cavalier had the same nose, he was basically a miniature version of Cavalier. Except Cavalier had more of a hazel look to his eyes, and his facial features were rougher than this young boy.

Cavalier had more of a distant darker aroma to him, whilst this young boy seemed as if he'd never even seen a flower die. "Oh do you think you can show me around?" I ask, I wasn't going to use this little boy...if I was going to escape it'd be on my own mind and conscience.

But it would be useful to know my way around.

I kicked the covers off my feet and continued to stand up, but as I got onto my hands and knees to stand up I saw a shiny frame under Cavalier's bed that caught my attention. I looked up to see the little boy had wondered off into the bathroom. I looked back under the bed and without hesitation I grab the frame, the glass was cracked but the picture was undamaged.

In the picture, two small little boys stood on both sides of Cavalier and he was smiling...laughing in the picture. It was a breathtaking sight...his smile was so innocent appearing, it wasn't ruthless or menacing. He was genuinely happy in the picture.

The little boys looked like miniature versions of Cavalier, except the one on the far right had purple eyes and a face full of dark brown freckles while the other one had light amber like eyes and a small splash of freckles on his face obviously a even younger version of the little boy that was now in the room. The boy with the purple eyes was on Cavaliers back with his chin resting on Cavalier's head and he was holding up the peace sign at the phone while smiling hard...he was smiling so much his eyes were barely visible.