PROLOGUE

Dear Diary,

It's been a long time since I've had to write in here but here we are. To catch up its ann by out a year after Will was saved. And everything is going completely fine.

Me and Hopper have moved from our shitty trailer and about a month ago we found signs that El was still alive. We managed to find her and cut long story short, she's living with us now in our old cabin hidden in the woods for her safety.

Hop says she's not allowed to go out which I completely agree with because we have to keep her safe, but sometimes I feel like I'm in the middle of them. I agree with Hopper but I also understand how El feels she doesn't know the consequences of going far outside but she just wants to be a normal kid, to go out whenever she wants and especially just wants to see Mike.

Me and El have got pretty close. Which is good because I'll admit I am avoiding Joyce or hanging out with her less. It is mean but I can't help if. She started dating Bob Newby from our high school who we called Bob the Brain, she told me not to call him that but me and Hop still do.

He's a lovely guy, and really funny and treats Joyce with so much respect and you can tell he truly loves her, Ana e goes for her. Which makes me hate him even more. I like him but I also don't. If he was mean to Joyce and didn't treat her right then I'd be pissed and hate his guts either way but part of me would be relieved that he's horrible because Joyce can come right back to me for comfort. But now it's just 'Bob this, Bob that.'

I feel like a teenager in high school all over again when she started dating Lonnie, the son of a bitch! I still make time for Joyce but we don't see each other everyday, which I think is easier, it's either that or me subconsciously slowly pushing her away because it hurts too much to spend time with her