50.

My mother and I never exchanged words. She simply stared at me, teared up, and then walked off.

Sven smirked at me. "I'll see you at the arena later, sister."

I rolled my eyes as he chased after our mother. Adalyn and Jasper remained on the steps staring at me. I didn't know what to say to them. They looked so grown and mature.

I only wish I had been here to see them grow up. They both did what I hoped they would do this entire time—they walked over to me and hugged me.

Adalyn spoke first as tears fell down her face. "You seem so badass, sis."

Jasper tried to pretend he didn't have emotions and the result was a blotchy face. "You look so cool. I totally would've preferred you over Sven."

"I wish I could've been here with you both, but life had other plans for me. I would've brought nothing but embarrassment and shame. I am a witch." I giggled as I wiped away my tears.

Jasper scoffed. "And? You're still our sister. That doesn't change."

Amphid cracked a smile and looked at me. "I called it."

Apollo walked up to Jasper and put him in a playful headlock. "Know what? I really like you, kid. Because I'm dating your sister, I'll take you under my wing."

Jasper pulled out of his grasp as Adalyn, and I laughed at the two.

Jasper rolled his eyes. "Who are you?"

Apollo had a moment of realization. "Oh yeah." He showed the two his god form, and they gasped.

"You're dating Apollo? You're so lucky!" Adalyn screeched.

Apollo angled himself in the sunlight to show the reflection from his gold skin. He flexed his muscles as well.

"I could never look a day over twenty-five."

"I knew you were cool. Sven doesn't even have a girlfriend." Jasper's eyes widened.

I took a deep breath and exhaled heavily. "Yeah. Might be my last day with you guys also."

Adalyn and Jasper looked at each other then went sad again.

"Do you two really have to fight? I mean, you can just get crowned. It's no big deal," Jasper whined.

I shook my head. "It's too late for that. Sven and I already made an oath with the gods. We have to."

"We didn't even get to spend time with you. That's so unfair." Adalyn teared up again.

"It's alright. He prepared his whole life for the role, just for it to be taken away. I understand." I smiled sadly.

After exchanging a few more words with my siblings, I bid them farewell and made my way toward the grand arena that sprawled behind the castle. Towering in its magnitude, the arena stood as a formidable testament to the impending battle.

The guards guided me through the labyrinthine halls, eventually leading me to a secluded room nestled within the heart of the colossal structure.

In this chamber, carefully designated for warriors, I readied myself for the upcoming clash against Sven. The room hummed with an electric energy, its atmosphere charged with anticipation and the echoes of countless battles fought within these hallowed grounds.

As I slipped into the battle gear thoughtfully prepared by Ares, a wave of surprise washed over me. I had never realized that he had taken the initiative to outfit me for this momentous occasion, but as it turned out, Artemis had made the request on my behalf. The gear, tailored to enhance my strengths, held an enchanting allure.