Chapter 17

"Max, come on." Dustin said trying to bring her out from her daze.
"Max?" Steve called.
You quickly moved over to her, attempting to shake her out of it. Upon touching her shoulder, your blood ran cold as if you had ice in your veins, giving you the most awful gut feeling. The moment you made contact she flinched, gasping suddenly, before looking around at you all.

~

After Max's episode you guys sent out a message to Robin and Nancy about what happened, minutes later they came rushing down the hallway, all of you moving to the place Max had been while she was out of it.
"It was here. Right here." Max said distraught to find just a normal wall.
"A grandfather clock?" Nancy asked, all of your attentions pointed at the empty wall, void of anything other than the plain paint job with school colors thrown in.
"It was so real. And then, when I got closer, suddenly I just...I woke up." Max told you all, explaining what she experienced.
"It was like she was in a trance or something. Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy." Dustin explained to the girls.
"That's not even the bad part." Max shakily said Turing to you all.

You followed Max back into the office where she showed you all the two files she found.
"Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Miss Kelley for help. Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then... then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. Then they started seeing things. Bad things. From their pasts. These visions, they just... they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually... everything ended."
"Vecna's curse." Robin stated.
"Chrissy's headache started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago. I've been having them for five days. I don't know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours
after their first vision. And I just saw that damn clock, so... looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow." Max struggled ending her statement as you moved forward, placing your hand on the back of her head to pull her into your shoulder, holding her there solidly.
"No you're not." You firmly stated, holding back your own tears. "We're going to kill that bastard before he gets the chance okay?" You asked, pulling away slightly to look her directly in the eyes. "Everything will be okay."
"Yeah." She shuddered out, giving you a half hearted smile.

Suddenly a loud creaking noise could be heard, everyone's heads whipping in the direction of the sound.
"Stay here." Steve immediately ordered, moving to grab the lamp by the door, walking out of the office cautiously.
"Like he's going to do any real damage with that." You commented dryly, following him out, the rest soon doing the same.

More noises could be heard for a moment before a boy came barreling around the corner. Steve, Dustin, and the boy all screaming while the rest of you flinched away in surprise.
"It's me!" The boy yelled, holding up his hands.
"Lucas?" Nancy questioned surprisedly, looking at the boy.
"It's me." Lucas, now repeated.
"Geez, what's wrong with you Sinclair!? I could've taken you out with this lamp!" Steve angrily said, shaking the lamp.
"I'm sorry. Sorry, guys. Sorry. I was... I was biking for eight miles. Give me a second. Shit. We've got a code red." Lucas said, panting for air.
"What?" Steve asked confused, as Lucas moved towards Dustin.
"Dustin. I've been with Jason, Patrick, and Andy, and they've gone totally off the rails. They're trying to capture Eddie, and they think you know where he is. You're in terrible danger." Lucas informed him worriedly.
"All right. Yeah, that definitely sucks, but we've got bigger problems than Jason now." Dustin responded, turning to Max, Lucas' gaze following his.

~

All of you ended up in the Wheeler's basement looking over copies of the article Robin and Nancy had discovered at the library. You had already skimmed the paper, passing your copy to Lucas for him to inspect while you worriedly watched Max hunched over a desk far from you all, writing.