Chapter three

Maeve

 "Maeve Elizabeth Avery, wake up or I swear to god you are going to walk to school for the rest of your life" my brother yells from the door.

Perfect, the alarm didn't go on.

I run to my bathroom where I wash my face and brush my teeth. From my closet, I take out a pair of sweat pants, a tight grey T-shirt, and a black sweater that matches my pants. I grab my converses and my bag and I go downstairs.

"Sorry, my alarm didn't ring," I tell Grey as I put on my shoes.

When we get to his car, I check my phone and see that is 7:30 am.

"Why are we in a rush, it's early?" I say as I yawn.

"We need to stop and pick up the boys," he says not looking at me.

"Who?"

He looks for a second at me and starts smiling "Jake, Kai, and your very good friend Atlas"

"Ugh," I say and I look at him disgusted.

"What happened with you two, Maeve?" he asks as I open my phone.

"He's a brat and a dick," I say not looking at him.

"Language"

I roll my eyes and start scrolling on tik tok. I am sitting next to Grey in front so that means that the boys need to sit in the back, hopefully, Atlas won't seat behind me.

"Of course, we stop at his house first" I mumble as Atlas gets in the car, right behind me.

We pick up Jake and Kai, and it's already seven fifty when we are on our way to school. They talk about football and the game that is going to be on Wednesday, they all talk except Atlas. I scroll around Tik Tok when he sends me a message.

"I like your hair."

This makes me want to dye my hair back to brown.

"I didn't ask, "I reply and go back on tik tok.

" I need your help with something" I frown at the message and he kicks my seat.

God, he is so annoying!

"What do you want?"

"Pretend to be my girlfriend" I choke with the air when I see the message.

"That is not going to happen"

"Just for the game"

"No"

He kicks my seat.

I go back on tik tok. He sends me another message, but I ignore it. Another kick.

"Answer my goddamn message"

"Go find yourself a fake girlfriend somewhere else" I text him, as Grey pulls into the school's parking lot.

I get out of the car, and I can feel him frowning at me.

Kai wraps his arm around my shoulders. "Let's go rock some math, Winter!"

"You did not just say that," I tell him laughing.

"Oh, but I did!" he says smirking.

As we head to our class I open my phone and text Isa.

"How are you feeling, you come to school today?"

She replies to me fast.

"Yes ma'am, right behind you"