Chapter 14: Crawling the Catacombs 1/4

Dante, the leader of the group, led the way through the tunnels of the catacombs. He was followed in turn by Sophie, Peter, Lok, Zhalia and Alex. The latter was once again living on the Titan Gar-Ghul's amulet. With whom he has recently established a bond.

Zhalia Moon: First, Dante captures Metagolem in Prague, and now Alex acquires Gar-Ghoul before the Organization did. If I were at DeFoe, I'd start packing my desk.

Sophie Casterwill: In what sense, Zhalia?

Zhalia Moon: What is the use of an agent who has no good news of his missions?

Alexander Sairo: Now, as Zhalia put it this way, I wonder what this loser is going to say to the Professor.

Lok Lambert: He probably blamed the failure on their people.

Dante Vale: People like DeFoe never see mistakes in their own behavior, and therefore always fail. Boltflare.

Alexander Sairo: Boltflare.

Lok Lambert: Cobwebs. This one is on my school locker.

Alexander Sairo: This is nothing to be proud of, Lok.

Sophie Casterwill: Dante, you said there was more to this place than just the Titan Gar-Ghoul.

Dante Vale: Quiet. This corridor is a trap.

The other four, the seeker, exchanges understanding glances between himself and the group leader. Peter walks over to the wall where he notices an inscription.

Peter: Hm. It's Old French. I'll decode it. (Peter takes the flashlight out of the bag)

Dante Vale: Peter, don't.

As soon as Peter turned on the flashlight, he activated the trap. Dante, Peter, Alex, Sophie and Zhalia managed to escape before the hatch in the floor collapsed. However, Lok was only saved thanks to Kipperin.

Dante Vale: It was close. It was very close.

Lok Lambert: Gee.

Peter: Sorry, Mr. Vale, I didn't know.

Dante Vale: Relax. I know you are not a seeker, I have no idea what you got yourself into.

Alexander Sairo: Lok, are you okey?

Lok is breathing really fast because of the adrenaline rush.

Lok Lambert: Yes.

Sophie Casterwill: Dante. Why the flashlight activated the trap and Boltflare did not ?

Dante Vale: Boltflare is a seeker spell. We have come that only seekers can be you.

Alexander Sairo: Which means there's a seekers' hideout behind that door. Probably this base belonged to Joan Of Arc and her associates.

Dante Vale: Probably. If she had any. (opens the door)

Sophie Casterwill: Is this Joan of Arc?

Alexander Sairo: She must have been the last seeker to use this hideout.

Lok Lambert: So Joan of Arc was a seeker.

Peter: If so, and she had a Titan. That would explain her visions for the future.

Sophie Casterwill: It was one of the most powerful women in history. She was burned at the stake a few kilometers away. It was commonly believed that she came from the French monarchy.

Zhalia Moon: Royal blood must have been flowing in her. Great power is where the big name is. Even like yours.

Alexander Sairo: Girls, instead of teasing yourself, focus on searching.

Dante Vale: I support Alex's words. These are her notes and, at the same time, the key to the next task.

Organization Central, Prague, The Czech Republic.

DeFoe: My Lord. The Titan Gar-Ghoul was acquired by the Huntik Foundation.

The Profesor: Have you come across anything else anyway?

DeFoe: I don't think I understand what you mean. As soon as the Titan Gar-Ghoul attacked our group, we were forced to withdraw.

The Profesor: You fool, there was the key to finding the Legendary Arc Ring. In this cave, but as soon as Gar-Ghoul attacked, you curled your tail and ran away like a coward. And now the guidance is certainly in the hands of the Huntik Foundation.

DeFoe: I ... will fix my mistake. I'll do everything. 

The Profesor: First find Dante Vale. He will lead you straight to your destination. Dream to get the ring and then get rid of it once and for all.

DeFoe: This is. This time I will not disappoint.

The Profesor: I hope. Because the consequences of your failure would be very dire.

Rouen, France.

Team Huntik was in the public library where Dante unfolded the map and provided details of the rest of their mission in Rouen.

Dante Vale: Look, Joan of Arc apparently left us a map that leads to a treasure hidden somewhere in Paris. The Mysterious Ring that may have been wretched from Joan's legendary powers. Our mission "Mystery of the Paris Catacombs", we must find the secret entrance to the underworld, discover the legendary tombs and return with Joan of Arc's ring.

Lok Lambert: This well be easy.

Alexander Sairo: Because...

To be continue...