Chapter 15: Crawling the Catacombs 2/4

Lok Lambert: Because we have a precise map.

Dante Vale: Unfortunately, only the tunnel layout is drawn on it. We will have to look for the entrance ourselves.

Sophie Casterwill: No clues?

Dante Vale: One. The entrance can be seen through the eyes of the most beloved lady.

Lok Lambert: Who is the most beloved lady in France?

Alexander Sairo: The most beloved lady, the most beloved lady. Our lady. Notre Dame! It's about the Notre Dame Cathedral!!

Sophie Casterwill: Alex makes sense. (The Holotome displays a holo-model of Notre-Dame Cathedral)

Lok Lambert: Great job Alex. But how did you come up with this before Sophie?

Alexander Sairo: Oh, you know. Thanks to something like history lessons.

Sophie Casterwill: Maybe if you still didn't fall asleep on history lessons.

Alexander Sairo: Plus, I picked up a Paris travel flyer at the airport. (Pulls out a Paris travel flyer from an amulet bag.)

Everyone laughed at the fact that the mystery was solved, making it as simple as a tourist flyer.

Zhalia Moon: Probably never before, I have never heard that any seeker will solve the mystery thanks to tourist information.

Sophie Casterwill: You know what. (tries to suppress a laugh) We should stop laughing at the fact that our mystery has been solved by a tourist flyer and resume our mission.

Dante Vale: At least let's. We're going to go by train to Paris.

Paris, France, Notre-Dame Cathedral.

Dante opens the Holotome to contact the Guggenheim.

Guggenheim: Dante, I can see you made it. Way to go.

Dante Vale: Guggenheim. Did the cathedral authorities discover anything?

Guggenheim: Notre-Dame has been our foundation's base of operations for decades, but they don't have any information about the ring.

Alexander Sairo: It's very suspicious for my taste.

Guggenheim:  Be careful, Seekers, The Organization has been seen at the Paris airport.

Dante Vale: Thank you for the tip.

Sophie Casterwill: If "Our Lady" is about this place ...

Alexander Sairo: So where does Notre Dame have eyes?

Lok Lambert: On the statues. These statues have eyes.

Cherit: Well done Lok.

Alexander Sairo: We found the clue in the cave of the Gargoyle. One of them must be looking at the place we're looking for.

Sophie Casterwill: But which one.

Lok Lambert: that one. (Lok points to a Gargoyle similar to the one that served in the "Cavern of the Gargoyle" as a secret passage.)

Lok Lambert: Remember how we found the secret passage.

Dante Vale: Alex, Lok come with me. We'll see what this gargoyle is looking at.

(little time skip)

Dante Vale: Are you doing it boys?

Alexander Sairo: I'm fine. Lok?

Lok Lambert:  It never gets better.

Dante Vale: We're almost there.

Dante was the first to reach their gargoyle, followed by Alex.

Lok Lambert: I don't think I will go any higher. I have to call Kipperin.

Dante Vale: Save your strength, Lok.

Alexander Sairo: I don't know if it will help you, but it will be much easier for you to get on the stitching than to go downstairs.

Lok Lambert: First of all, what to do after saving my strength if it drops. Second, your words don't help much, Alex.

Dante Vale: The target is right in front of you, don't back down and make sure nobody can see you.

Dante Vale: Try this. Hyperstride. (Dante bounces off the wall of Notre-Dame to land back on the Gargoyle.)

Alexander Sairo: You can do this, Lok.

Dante Vale: Now it's your turn, Lok.

Lok Lambert:I can do this. I can do this. Hyperstride.

The young seeker mowed as his mentor showed him. However, his spell was too weak and not enough to jump to the Gargoyle. Fortunately, Blind was caught by the hands of his mentor and teammate.

Alexander Sairo: You definitely need to practice this spell a little more.

Dante Vale: It was good enough for us to catch you, next time you won't even need any help.

Lok Lambert: I ... (gasps) gosh.

Dante hands Loki a sextant.

Lok Lambert: Oh gosh. (takes the sextant in hand)

Alexander Sairo: It is well known that Joan of Arc was a very religious woman.

Lok Lambert: Even I know it. Look, there's a church there.

Dante Vale: So we'll start there.

(A little time skip)

Dante Vale: Huh. Looks like the church is closed. (He takes out a locksmith set.)

Sophie Casterwill: Are you planning to break in?

Dante Vale: Of course not. Just taking the padlock off won't break it.

Alexander Sairo: Can i try something, Dante?

Dante Vale: What do you want to try, Alex?

Alexander Sairo: Farslip. (Green energy came out of the boy's index finger and opened the lock.)

Dante Vale: I see you've practiced other spells between missions as well.

(In church)

Zhalia Moon: Hey, team. What exactly was the gargoyle looking at on the Notre Dame Cathedral?

Alexander Sairo: On the cross. At the top of the tower.

Zhalia Moon: So check it out. The cross is literally above us.

Sophie Casterwill: Hey. The sun's rays are shining down here, how?

Alexander Sairo: It is thanks to the mirrors.

Dante Vale: Yes, that's right. They reflect sunlight.

Lok Lambert: And the gargoyle's gaze.

Zhalia Moon: This means that we are standing in a secret passage.

To be continue...