Chapter 19: Divide and Conquer 2/4

Lok POV

Lok Lambert: Cherit, here. (The boy digs through a small hole at the bottom of the wall.)

Cherit: I'm pretty sure this route wasn't on Dante's map.

Lok Lambert: We'll find out soon. (The blonde uses hills of earth and bones to slide down to the lower level of the Catacombs.)

Lok Lambert:  Take a look at this place. No one has been here for hundreds of years.

Cherit: Believe Lok, I have to make sure you don't get into any trouble.

Lok Lambert: Stop worrying. You think Dante thought I would go his route.

Cherit: Not. You are probably right in this case.

Lok Lambert: Boltflare. What is that? "Liberté, égalité, fraternité" (Freedom, equality, brotherhood). I know it from somewhere. Maybe the French Revolution.

Cherit: Even I know it. And I have no head for human history at all.

Lok Lambert: I guess these guys were hiding here during the revolution. (He sits down next to one of the skeletons.)

Cherit:  What are you wondering about, Lok? Are you OK?

Lok Lambert: Just. When I was a boy, my dad would always bring home a lot of different things from his trips. And I tried to imagine the mysterious places he visited.

Cherit: And now, you are here.

Lok Lambert: Yes I am. 

Lok Lambert: Hey Cherit, check this out.

Cherit: It was definitely not a soldier.

Lok Lambert:  Hmm. These are the archaeologist's tools. Do you think these soldiers knew the catacombs well?

Cherit: Unfortunately, I don't remember much from those times. In my memory, the revolutions blend together. (When Cherit talks, Lok tries to remove the padlock from the chest. But without success.)

Lok Lambert: This is the perfect opportunity to try. Sprinder.

Meso-Titan opened the padlock and Lok ordered him to go back to the amulet.

Lok Lambert: (gasp) These soldiers were ordinary people. They needed a guide to hide here.

Cherit: So this man is. I mean, he was an archaeologist.

Lok Lambert: Wait, it's in pretty good shape. (pulls out a scroll.)

Lok Lambert: Hey, I've seen that somewhere before.

Cherit:  Listen, Lok. And this is not in your Father's journal? Check.

Lok Lambert: Yes. That's possible... Identical, my dad redrawed this picture. It has to be important.

Organization Agent 08: Hey, that's where the light comes from.

Lok takes one of the scrolls and hides behind one of the bows. And Cherit puts the bucket on the ball of light.

Organization Agent 08: There is.

Organization Agent 08 & 09: Augerfrost. (The age-olds tucked into something they suspected was their target. However, they were wrong.)

Organization Agent 09: It's just a skeleton.

Organization Agent 10: Over there. (Redcap attacked another skeleton, which his seeker mistook for Loki.)

Organization Agent 09: The kid is trying to outsmart us so he can get away.

Redcap has been outbid by Freelancer.

Organization Agent 10: They attack us.

(All three are trying to defeat, Dracotitan. But the middle suit was kicked in the head by Lok using a Kipperin.)

Lok Lambert: You thought I would chicken and run away. Never in my life. I have to guard something. (Shows them the Arc Ring)

Organization Agent 09: Take him, he has a ring.

All three fall into the trap left by the blonde.

Lok Lambert: Organization suits do not sin intellect. 

Cherit: Lok. Freelancer is in trouble.

Lok Lambert: Without him we don't win with Redcap. What we can do?

Cherit: I can try to give him some energy, my spell should be enough. Look. (Cherit attacks Redcap, causing Swara-Titan to hit a wall and then donate energy to Freelancer.)

Lok Lambert: Back, Freelancer. Great, let's get going.

Zhalia POV

I managed to catch and silence one of the Organization's agents, then I impersonated myself.

Organization Agent 11 (Male): Hey, you heard something.

Organization Agent 12 (Male): Where is Berry, she...

Berry (Zhalia in disguise): The area is clean.

Organization Agent 11 (Male): Hey wait. Is that a ring?

Berry (Zhalia in disguise): What, this old thing. (Zhalia takes off her red wig.)

Organization Agent 11 (Male): She is from the Foundation. Get her!

Zhalia: Good idea, boys. But still a little late. (The woman begins to flee through the catacombs.)

Organization Agent 13(Male): Let's get her. (He and his three buddies run after Zhalia.)

Sophie POV

I waited for the agemen who chased Zhalia to pass me by.

Sophie Casterwill: Are everywhere. Boltflare. I'm still exhausted.

I walk down the corridor until I got to the stone ladder.

Sophie Casterwill: Looks like they were here.

(I stop at the very end of the broken stone stairs which was my mistake. When the ground starts to shudder I fall into the fall.)

Sophie Casterwill: Owww, no!

DeFoe POV

DeFoe: I can not believe it. You must have me for some naive simpleton! I'm right.

Organization Agent 14 (Male): No, sir.

DeFoe: But I have to believe you saw all the members of Dante Vale's team, separately.

Organization Agent 13(Male): Yes, sir.

DeFoe: Of course. And each of them had a Ring of Arc? You idiots. They cheated you, they fled again. I order you to catch every member of this team.

All Agents: Orders!

DeFoe: Another trick. Although no. Vale must have a ring. He would not endanger others. Pass it on to Grier.

All Agents: Yes, sir!

Sophie POV

I do not know how long I announced this canina, but I started to run out of strength in my hands to hold on, and besides, the stone I was holding on started to loosen.

Sophie Casterwill: Heh. Not good, I don't have the strength to pull myself up. Dante! Lok! Alex! Anyone!