Chapter 15: "Pet Him"

Skyler

a C?

I groan in frustration, angry with myself as I shove the paper in my bagpack. How the hell did I get a C in the biology test when I knew almost everything?

"Everything okay?" Caleb startles me. I notice Barbie doll clinging to his arm like her life depends on it.

She gives me a dark smile with a wiggle of her well manicured fingers, my response is a glare. I'm still upset that Caleb talks to her about my personal life so it's no surprise I've been avoiding him for almost a week now.

"Yep. Everything's just peachy."

"How did you do?"

My eyes dart back to Barbara, who's smiling mischievously. Obviously she knows about my test script, one of her minions sits behind me.

"And what do you care?"

"Skyler." Caleb warns.

"What? It's not new her being nosy about my life. What next, huh?" I shrug, "does she also want to know how many breathes I take in a day?"

"Just stop Skyler, please. I came to check on you but seems you're still pissed about something so we'll just go, okay?"

"Go," I respond. "No one's stopping you."

"The hell," Caleb fumes, "something crawled up your ass and died?"

"Relax babe, she's not worth it." The doll presses her chest into Caleb, eyeing me through her long lashes.

That almost ticks it. But I ball my fists, trying to calm down. Caleb's never talked to me like that, and it's all this bitch's fault.

"And it's not my fault you're made of rubber." My voice is barely audible enough for them to hear but seems Barbara did as she dramatically gasps.

"What did you say?"

"Huh? Me?" I point a finger to myself, "nothing."

"I heard you!"

"But I didn't say anything." I hold back a smile, lifting my hands as if in mock surrender.

"Are you gonna let her insult me?" She looks up at her much taller boyfriend. "Caleb, do something!"

What's he gonna do? Hit me?

"Enough Barb, let's just go."

"No!" She stomps on the ground like a child. "I've had enough of this, I can't keep sharing you with this piece of nothingness!"

Excuse me?

"What are you getting at?"

"It's your choice Caleb, me or her?"

What? Is she serious? I almost burst out laughing at how childish she's acting.

"What--" Caleb looks like he's stuck between a rock and a hard place as he stares between us. "No. Skyler is one of my best friends."

Aww.

"Best friend?" She huffs, "she talks to you like a dog."

"She's just upset--"

"Upset or jealous?" Barb asks.

Silence falls. I noticed Caleb's Adam's apple bulging as he keeps his eyes on Barb's.

"Don't talk about her like that."

"Why do you defend her so much, huh? I didn't see you lift a finger when she was insulting me."

"Because she wasn't."

"You know what? Skyler can suck your dick." Barbie doll says angrily before storming off.