18. Pieces

Isabel;

Avril Lavigne's song ,was the only reminder of my mistake. I fell in love with the devil thinking he was going to magically turn into my very own angel but at the end, he was still the devil, I fell in love with the wrong person.

The flight was emotionally and physically long. I felt every single wall crashing on me. I didn't mean to fall in love with him. It wasn't intentional. It just happened. Just like that.

My eyes were puffy and red after the jet landed. The airport felt so quiet, if I was my usual self then the chatters and flight announcements would be so nice to hear but no. I heard ,nothing. I felt,nothing.

I walked out of the airport in such haste the driver of the cab I took turned sharply to look at me. He carried a look of pity ,like he was used to seeing people like me. Miserable,lonely and all teary like me.

I told him where I was headed to. He only nodded and drove off. His smiles,laughter,scent and everything was difficult to erase from my fucking head. It hunted me through out the trip.Every single memory felt like a thorn in my flesh.

" Thank you." I paid the driver and got off. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I approached the prison I called home. I spent so much time in there that I started to think coming out would make me feel better but who was I lying to?.

I hesitated before pushing the door open. The house felt eerily quiet. It felt like there was no one in there. The furnitures were dusty ,the pictures on the walls were no longer there. My family pictures. Our family pictures were gone. like they never existed. I let go of the handle of my suitcase. I was utterly shocked to hear myself when I called for mum.

I rushed upstairs. The doors to my bedroom was opened ,the bed and everything was intact. I rushed to my parents bedroom. I stopped in my tracks when I saw my father sitting on their bed. A bottle in his hand and his head bowed.

He must have sensed there was someone else in there with him. Then our eyes met. I had never seen him that broken. He was looking at me like I was there to leave.

"Da--"

" Don't say that word ,Isabel." His voice was strained and groggy. My father was one that I never spent much time with. He was always away and mum always did well to give me excuses as to why he wasn't present but I didn't believe her. I knew he didn't want to be around me. He must have hated his own daughter that much to stay away for over seventeen years, it was recently I met him face to face.

" Where's mum?" I asked.

" I set her free ,Isabel. We weren't meant to be in the first place. I should have known.,"

" Known what?" I didn't like where this conversation was headed.

" She loved him ,I just sneaked my way into her life and filled it with so much darkness. I'm a monster!" He yelled.

" You are not my daughter,Isabel." He said vulnerability in his voice. I stumbled back in shock. I. Wasn't. His. Daughter.

" You must be lying,you just want to hurt me like you've always done. It's a lie. You're lying to me!" I dropped to floor. I kept chanting those words.

" Archer knew. That was why he took you away from me. He wanted to save you from my bitterness and hatred for you.Your mother didn't cheat, they loved each other before me. Even by marrying your mum couldn't stop their love."

" I'm sorry Isabel. Forgive me. Even if you can't,I'll understand. I made you pay for a crime I committed.A crime of loving someone who wasn't mine."

The news was overwhelming , shocking and nerve wracking. Archer knew. Then why didn't he tell me. My whole existence was based on a lie. A lie.

" You can leave if you want, I deserve to be left like this. All alone"

" As much as I want to,I can't hate you. I sensed it but I just made myself think I was insane." I shrugged. I was now completely broken. Crashed. I was done for.

" I'll go to my room." I walked away from him. I was numb completely void of any emotions.

I felt like screaming!.