34. Paint Me Like A Rose

Isabel;

When I discovered my passion for painting, I thought that was the only drama I would have in my life. I remembered getting so excited putting life into my imagination.

My latest work of art was a painting of a woman.

At first I used to draw girls but now I was painting a woman. A sign of how my life had changed drastically from being locked in my room to being set free into a world of chaos.

When I used to paint and read my books, I didn't want to even batt an eyelid. Today tears dripped unto my painting mixing with the colours.

The woman reaching up to the sky while holding unto the rails of the balcony. It was a painting of me. I was reaching up unto the skies in an attempt to live. But that attempt was something maybe I should have never done.

Maybe I shouldn't have gone to the airport that day. I shouldn't have seen him that night. I shouldn't have asked him any questions. I shouldn't have mistaken his care for love. Maybe I should have never met Archer.

Because Archer began it all. He started it all. I was also at fault for making myself believe I loved him when it was just an infatuation. As an avid reader  it was a fantasy come true. I was the girl who finally met her book crush and decided to take an adventure with him.

" I'm so sorry," I whispered to no one but myself. The sound echoed loudly. I had moved into his room a week ago and with each passing second I was going into a deeper depth. Loving him secretly.

" Isabel," I didn't bother to check who it was because I knew it was Romeo. He was the only one who could see me this way, Vlad included.

" Dear," he rushed to my side not bothering that I was covered in painting. His white shirt did a great job by picking every painting color.

" He's going to leave me, it's going to happen all over again Romeo," I sobbed into his chest.

" Isabel, please don't do this," he wiped away my tears but they were replaced with fresh ones.

" What happened?," He questioned with paint smeared on his cheek. I would have taunted him with it if I wasn't in such a state.

" I'm in love with Vlad," I confessed.

" Not the kind that goes away after a while but the kind that's deeply engraved in your soul,"  I swallowed hard.

" I don't want to but it just keeps happening, like a car with broken brakes, I can't stop myself," I continued.

" And it happened with Archer, he ended up telling me the cruelest things,"  his words made me coil in disgust. I wanted to just puke.

" Look at me Isabel," Romeo forced me to look at him.

" When I met Matteo, I was scared he'd never return my feelings because it happened once to me and the fear of been rejected would have wounded me forever but now look at us. We are the happiest though we face hardships along the way, we go through it together," he smiled tears pooling in his eyes. 

" Don't curse yourself for falling in love with him,"

" Archer was a coward for leaving you,"

"And anyone who does that is not deserving of your love. If they could go as long as Archer did then they don't."

" He's right," we both turned to see Vlad at the door staring right at me. Intensely. Romeo gave me a smile before exiting the room. It closed up on us. The tension was thicker with each second. I didn't know what to say because he probably heard everything.

" I am sorry Vlad," I apologized.

" If you utter that words again I'm going to fucking hate you," he sneered. He walked towards me. I was waiting for my final heartbreak.

" I don't know how it happened, "

" Me neither," his words struck me like lightening.

" Vlad,"

" Sono innamorato di te." I recalled those words from a week ago.

I didn't understand them but I thought it wasn't important.

" I said that a week ago and I'm saying it now,"

" I'm in love with you, Isabel Jacobs,"

" No,no no!," I pushed him away. He couldn't love me. He was saying it to make feel better. He was lying.

" You're lying to me!," I beat him across the chest. He grabbed both my hands and spun me around so my back was pulled against his chest. It was too hard to believe anyone would love me.

" Stop fucking lying to me,you're lying to me. You just want me to feel better!," I thrashed in his arms. The feeling was intense.

" You knew he hurt me so you want me to feel better," I spat tears, paint and sweat mixed together. I stopped, my legs and body exhausted. He never let go.

" I love you, Bella," he whispered. This time I sobbed. He gave me the kind of love that felt too real to be true.

" You are too good to be true," I said breathless.

" Tell me something else, please," he slowly let me go and turned me to face him. I had damaged his expensive shirt. I frowned. That shirt suited him perfectly.

" I though I was never good enough," he tilted my head to stare into his dark eyes.

" I thought I never deserved to be loved, I was heartless, I hurt so many people and you happen to be a victim of that, yet even though I was like a rose with vicious thorns that prickled your fingers, "

" You always watered me, took great care of me,"

" I was the villain in all of this but ,you love me and I swear by everything Bella,"

" I don't regret ever loving you, I never regret seeing you for the first time, I never regret having a relationship with you."

" I. Love. You." He emphasized each word.

" God, Vlad," I smashed my lips on his. I loved this man too much.

If this was a ride to lose myself forever then I would gladly get a ticket to go for it knowing he'd be at the end of the tunnel.

" I love you too,"

A/n

Okay......