18) nyc

please excuse any mistakes.

"are you lying to me?"______

______

Ever the lurking presence, Elias is there as soon as Honey awakens. He stands over her, watching as she blinks her redden hazel eyes to consciousness.

He can tell the exact moment she notices his presence. They lock eyes. A clash of emotions flashes across her eyes.

Recognition. Surprise. Confusion.

He watches intensely as Honey manages to prop her body up to rest against the headboard of the large bed. She looks around the unfamiliar bedroom, avoiding eye contact with Elias. It's late into the night by now. The moonlight is the only thing lighting the room, making it hard to get a decent look of the spacious room.

Honey's eyes immediately snap back to Elias when he decides to sit down next to her on the bed. He takes her hands into his own, looking deep into her eyes.

Honey wants to retract her hand from his. Just the cold touch of his fingers against her own sets off blaring red alarms in her head.

He doesn't break the silence between them. All he does is watch her. Honey feels uncomfortable underneath his low gaze. Is he waiting for her to ask him something?

"Where am I?" Honey eventually blurts out.

She regrets speaking once she starts to feel the familiar pounding of a headache she had earlier this morning.

Honey's mind feels scrambled. A jumbled mess that can't remember anything after Elias had tried to drown her.

She doesn't remember if she got herself off of the floor or if she laid there for hours on end. Was she the one that dressed herself in the clothes she has on now? Did she willing into the car with Elias when he drove them to this place?

How did she end up here? Wherever this place is.

"Manhattan." Elias' voice fills the silence of the room.

"What?" Honey's look of confusion turns into a sort of panicked surprise.

"We're in Manhattan." He says it slower this time, trying to ease her into it. Reminiscent of how a doctor speaks to a patient.

Honey snatches her hands out of Elias'. She immediately turns away from him. Shuffling underneath the covers as she tucks her legs into her chest.