5) the morning

please excuse any mistakes.

"i'd never hurt you."

_______

There seems to be a natural alarm that Elias has in his mind. Because there was no other reason for him to be up so early in the morning. Despite the sleep tugging at his eyes he can't find himself able to go back to sleep.

He barely registers the small body that lays on top of him, before he's out of bed. Leaving the large bed all alone to Honey.

He works his way blindly around the dark room having one destination in his mind.

He reaches his drawer full of clothing which are all black to no one's surprise. He doesn't have to search long for the short knife he has tucked underneath the endless amount of black clothing, he feels the knife prick his finger. Letting him know he's found his prized possession.

Elias pockets the knife in his sweatpants and leaves the bedroom, but not before taking his phone and his red lighter with him. The red lighter seems to be the only color in his otherwise black and white life.

The hallway is dark. Not a light insight as Elias makes his way down the stairs. The large windows that fill the living room are the only hint that he's made it to the front door of the house.

Elias walks out of the house with no destination in mind. Fully ignores the expensive cars and chooses to walk the streets of the rich neighborhood.

He stays out of view of streetlights, wanting to keep himself concealed. As if the black clothing he wore weren't enough to hide him.

It's a calm morning and Elias thinks he should just return home.

Until he spots her. She's almost entirely hidden under the darkness of night. But he can make out the shape of her body, that sits with her knees pressed to her chest. Back against the wall of a building.

His mood has become lighter, happier even.

He approaches her. Crouches down to her level and takes her appearance in. He's fond of her beauty. Her dark hair is short and rests just above her exposed shoulders. There's bruises on her face. They're an array of colors. Some a nasty purple, others a faint yellow. He can see the way a pink tint covers her pale skin. She's pretty. Not beautiful, just pretty.

Which makes Elias only slightly regretful of what he's about to do.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing out here by yourself?"

She looks up at him and he sees the way her eyes are hallowed in. Her eyes are a darker color than any he's ever seen. Black. The pupils almost hard to see.

"I don't talk to strangers."

And yet here she is talking to him. Elias laughs at his own thoughts.

Truly he'd planned on killing the girl as soon as he'd approached her. However he finds himself interested in her.