11) bad decisions

please excuse any mistakes.

"just admit it. you're jealous of me!"
_______

It's a rainy Saturday.

The light pitter patter of the rain hits the windows of the Gray household. The dark clouds in the sky completely block out the sunlight. Casting a gray hue everywhere in the house.

Everything is dampened. Dull.

Honey lays in bed with Elias. The girl rests her head on his shoulder, watching the movie that plays on the tv. The clothes Elias had given her to wear this morning keep her warm from the cold AC that surrounds the house.

They're Elias' clothes. The band tee she wears smells exactly like him. The pair of sweatpants that are too big for her are rolled up in an effort to make them fit.

Everything's so cliche. This is exactly what those couples in romance movies do on rainy days.

Elias almost laughs at the fact that he's watching a shitty romcom with the worst plot he's ever seen, just to make his girlfriend happy.

Honey got to pick the movie because all of Elias' suggestions were too "violent."

Elias would never watch this movie by himself. If it were up to him they'd be making their own movie. But it wouldn't be the PG kind.

It's taking everything in him not to fall asleep because of how boring the movie is. The plot is predictable. The characters are stupid. It's all so awful.

Elias to the surprise of no one, is smoking.

In his defense, it's his first cigarette of the day. He's smoking mostly to keep himself awake, partly to help him keep calm. He hasn't smoked since he got into his car yesterday. He'd woken up today and skipped his usual morning smoke.

Honey was awake before him. Her hazel eyes were staring directly at him the second his own blue eyes opened. She'd smiled at him with that sweet smile of hers.

Her body was so close to his, he could feel the heat radiating off of it. His arm was wrapped around her body, their legs were tangled together.

When she whispered good morning to him, her voice sounded like a lullaby. So sweet. He could've fallen asleep again just from the sound of it.

They stayed like that for a while. Enjoying the company of each other. Time felt like it had frozen.

Until it hadn't, and they had to get ready for the day.