6) thursday

please excuse any mistakes.

"if i asked you to kill me, would you do it?"

would you do it?"

_______

Honey wakes up to the blaring noise of her phone ringing. Up until now she'd forgotten she had a phone. A small device to let the world know that she was still alive and in fact hadn't gone missing. Not that anyone would be checking for her.

It's as expected. The call is from some random person, miles away in another state. She declines the call almost instantly.

The bold lock screen font of her phone, that was now somehow fully charged, reads nine AM sharp. She was late for school. By two hours. This has never happened to her before. She always woke up on time. How could she have missed the alarm?

The phone screen has no notifications on it except for a single text message from her boss telling her next week's work schedule. It's a single text with no greeting. Not a good morning or hello. There's nothing. Just a picture of the schedule.

How predictable. Not even the little annoyances she called her friends have sent her a message. No one cares enough to notice she hasn't gotten on the school bus yet. Her own mother has failed to notice she hasn't come home. Sandra hadn't even called or texted like a good mother was supposed to.

Like a caring mother would do if their daughter was MIA for the past fifteen hours.

She'd left her house at six in the evening and hadn't been home since. Fifteen long hours and not a single, 'are you ok,' from her mother.

It was pathetic.

Pathetic of Honey to be saddened by the fact that Sandra hadn't checked up on her. Why should she be sad? Honey knew her mother didn't give a damn about her the very moment her father walked out of their lives.

What a stupid woman. Putting men over her own child. Over the person who carried fifty percent of her DNA.

It was humiliating to witness the woman do it over and over again.

"Mom, it was my birthday yesterday. You said we'd go out of town and...you said we'd see dad again. Don't you remember?"

Of course the retched woman didn't remember. She was too busy getting her rocks off with Honey's sixth grade teacher. All of Honey's complaints and questions were drowned out by Sandra's moaning and loud yelling.

"Oh yes, Mr. Parker. Right there."

Disgusting. Having sex with a man who couldn't offer you anything in return for you giving them your body. All that for a man who made below minimum wage and couldn't even afford to buy Sandra all the things he promised her.