15) apologies

please excuse any mistakes.

"like a moth to a flame."
______

Neither Elias nor Honey talk about what happened last night. It's not as though Honey forgave him over night, but if she's being honest with herself it's better to act as though the argument never happened.

Elias is never going to apologize for hitting her. At least not sincerely. If anything he's going to give her an half-assed excuse about never hurting her again. The exact lie he told her on their date in the Italian restaurant.

Of course Honey was stupid enough to believe it back then. Which is why she's now stuck with a lying, violent, narcissist for a boyfriend. A boyfriend she doesn't even think likes her.

Last night she realized Elias likes the thought of her. Elias doesn't like Honey Davis. He likes the image he's created of her in his mind.

He doesn't like the Honey that's real. The girl who won't stand for him calling her a slut simply because she laid her eyes on his friend.

There's things Honey won't ever be.

The girl of Elias' dreams is one of them.

Never in a million years will she be like that. She'd rather break up with him than suffer at the hands of a man who isn't sane enough to realize his fantasy can't be a reality.

"What's on your mind?" The man that's causing all of her troubles asks.

Elias, who Honey would rather not be around, caresses her face. Rough fingers rub against soft cheeks.

"Nothing." Hazel eyes stare straight into the pool water her feet rest in, instead of looking at her boyfriend. Even though Elias' gaze is practically burning a hole into her face.

"You're lying." They both know Elias hates liars. But he deems it okay when he lies. Ironic.

His grip on her cheeks tightens. Honey has to mentally shout at herself to keep her tears at bay when she feels that tight grip on her right cheek. The very cheek he slap last night.

It barely stings. Phantom pain. Still, pain is pain.

"I'm sorry."

All their conversations repeat themselves. It's been like this since he sat down next to her. Honey spaces out. Elias tries to talk to her. She ends up apologizing for ignoring any and everything he says. Simply because she doesn't want to hear another word from him.