19) closer than ever

please excuse any mistakes.

"you're the only friend i need

"you're the only friend i need."
______

Every teenage girl fantasizes about turning sixteen. The perfect age. The age where girls experience the three most important things in a teenage girl's life. Happiness, beauty, young love.

Honey is currently experiencing none of those things. It's November 23rd, her birthday, and yet, today feels like any other day.

She'd woken up how she'd been waking up for over a month now. With Elias' death grip on her body and his head tucked in the crook of her neck. She'd waited for what felt like an eternity for him to wake up. It'd been a long night of them arguing, after Elias had come back to their apartment in the middle of the night from his "study session" screaming at her for absolutely no reason.

Honey knows that stupid study session is code for something else. Nico won't tell her what it means. But for some reason he isn't apart of it.

Elias had been yelling at her for apparently leaving the apartment without his permission. Shoving the apartment camera footage in her face, all the while he's on the verge of going into a ballistic rage.

The only thing Honey had done was gone up to the building's rooftop pool. She'd even texted him where she was going, just for him to ignore the text and come home angry.

It was an entire hour of them going back and forth before he threatened to "put her in her place." Meaning he'd punch her so hard her face would be bruised for a week.

Not like it'd be happening for the first time.

Honey had to be the one to apologize. Like always. She had to feed into his delusional mind just to get a good night's sleep. He'd kissed after she apologized. Telling her how much of a "good girl" she was. As if she was a petulant child that needed to be taught right from wrong.

Now she's watching him have his way with her as he helps her put on a dress she absolutely hates. 

The dress, which should really be called a long shirt, hugs her body snugly with little room for bloating. Honey stares at Elias with hooded eyes as he ties the bows that hold the front of the small black dress together.

The dress has no sleeves. Placing all attention on her chest. But what else is new?

Everything she wears when they go out in public is chosen by him. Every detail. The color of her clothing, the amount of makeup she's allowed to wear to cover the bruises he leaves on her body. The type of underwear she wears. The shoes she wears.