8) emotion

please excuse any mistakes.

"i've been lonely without you

"i've been lonely without you."
_______

"Are we staying the whole night?" Honey asks. The question hanging in the air as Elias and her sit on the motel bed.

Silence, absolute silence. Almost as if Elias hadn't heard her question. But he had. He was ignoring her. He was lost in his own thoughts. Violent, disturbing thoughts. Thoughts of blood covering his skin, screams filling his ears, pleads leaving parted lips.

That.

That was exactly what Elias wanted at the moment. No, it was what he needed.

The tension of the fight hadn't left his body yet. Not even with his Honey sitting beside him. Trying her best to communicate with him.

Her fingers wrap around his face. Turning him to face her. She's worried. Her eyes scan his entire being like an overprotective mother looking for injuries on her child.

'It's cute,' Elias thinks to himself.

His own mother had never given him a look like that. Neither had his ex-girlfriend. Or anyone in his life for that matter.

"Are you ok?" Honey holds his face between her warm hands. Her voice small and sweet, almost a whisper.

He'd never heard anyone say those words to him in such a caring way. He doesn't know how to respond. He can't even look her in the eyes. She seems to actually think of him as a person and not the monster he knows he is. Elias is afraid.

"I wanted to kill him." He says it to make her stop looking at him like that. He can't take the pity anymore. Absolutely can not stand it. He isn't a pathetic man who needs coddling and reassurance and yet here he is getting exactly that.

"You wanted to kill him?"

She restates it as a question. Disbelief lacing her tone. Honey certainly didn't think Elias was a hundred percent sane. Murder, however, wasn't something she thought he'd be thinking about.

"I wanted to bash his fucking head into the ground until he bled out. I just got so angry when I heard him talking about us."

No one had ever made Honey feel like this. Like the only thing that mattered. The only girl in the world. To know that Elias did what he did to protect her. It made Honey feel weirdly special. Sure, the whole 'bash his head in' thing was a bit far, but Elias wouldn't do that.

Murder wasn't something he was capable of. She was certain of that. Despite knowing him for less than a month. She was certain. She had to be. For her own sake.