16) knock out

please excuse any mistakes.

"i'll always be here for you

"i'll always be here for you."
"i know and i hate it."
____

Looking at the view of the ocean as she sits with Elias' parents, Honey doesn't know if it's better to stay quiet or not.

Especially with the way Elias is parading her around in front of his family. In front of everyone seated on the outside of the fancy restaurant. His hand lays planted firmly around her thigh. His head is tucked into the crook of her neck. His lips mark her smooth skin.

The couple sits right in front of Elena and John Gray, with Evie sitting beside Honey at the round table. Honey has a feeling Nico wasn't invited.

The chilly wind blows lightly through the night. Honey feels it solely on her face due to Elias' black jacket covering her entire upper body. She leaves it unzipped enough for her new necklace to be on display. The neckline of her black slip dress hangs just low enough that it doesn't expose the little cleavage she has.

But it's almost as though Honey's not there.

Elena Gray is the star of the show as she rambles on about her recent trip to Paris. A glass of red wine rests between her thumb and pointer. Proper etiquette. Honey notices the small things about the woman. It's not like she has anything else to do other than listen and observe.

Elias has both of their phones stored in the pockets of his black slacks, taking away Honey's only form of entertainment at this boring dinner that should've ended an hour ago.

They'd already had their expensive three course dinner. Filled with expensive food that Honey had never tasted before. Tonight's the night she found out she likes sushi. She also found out she hates tiramisu. The bitterness of it instantly made her reach for her glass of water. That made Elias laugh. He teased her about it. Calling her cute, kissing her on the cheek as though it was only the two of them at the restaurant table.

Honey wishes it were. Because Elena Gray seems to be one of those self absorbed people who can't seem to stop talking about herself. She's the reason dinner's been dragging on and on.

Honey wants to ask to go to the bathroom just to have some time away from the woman. Evie seems to be thinking about the same thing. Thinking of coming up with a lame excuse just to never come back, and eventually ditch this so-called family dinner.

Honey can only sigh as she continues to pretend she cares even an ounce about Elena's trip to Paris. The woman's blood red dress hangs high on her neckline. A necklace filled of jewels covers the high dress. Displaying the woman's wealth.