23) partners in crime

please excuse any mistakes.

"i'll never get tired of using you

"i'll never get tired of using you."
______

Evie doesn't dislike Samantha.

In all honesty the girl's just there. Existing in her brother's apartment as the two of them cozy up together without a care in the world.

Samantha's whispering something to Elias and he's laughing. Genuinely laughing. Letting the girl touch all over his bare chest, rubbing circles over his scar that would be hard for someone to recognize if they didn't know it was there. It's a small ugly thing. Right below Elias' collar bone.

Evie knows why it's there. So does everyone in the family.

Prom night. Five years ago.
Well, closer to six now.

Evie wonders if Samantha knows the history behind the scar she's tracing so intently. Wonders if Samantha knows she's sitting in the lap of a cold blooded monster. She wonders if the brunette cares that those same hands that hold her waist are the same hands that inflict pain onto Honey for the smallest things.

She probably doesn't care. It's not exactly like Samantha needs to worry about Elias laying his hands on her. She's from a rich socialite family, Elias would never go as far as leaving an unwanted scratch on her body, let alone her face.

Too much money to lose.

It's a sickening sight to see. Two home wreckers comfortable in their cheating ways. But who's Evie to judge?

Her own boyfriend has the same sickening ways as Elias. The memories of Nico vehemently denying his cheating at the start of their relationship are still fresh in Evie's mind.

They never leave. Not when they have a long distance relationship and Nico's free to do whatever he wants without punishment. Evie doesn't have such freedom.

She's convinced he has people watching her every move back in Woodfield. There was the incident during her sophomore year when Evie broke up with Nico on the phone after he screamed at her over for kissing another guy in a school play.

The script had the kiss in it and Evie wasn't going to let a kiss stop her from being the lead actress. So she kissed the guy thinking that Nico would understand why she did it.

When Nico found out he called her without congratulating her for getting the lead role in the play. Instead, he made her cry after throwing every insult in the book her way.

All he had to tell her was that he was proud of her. Seems that's no so easy for him.

So Evie really can't harbor any true disdain towards her brother's and Samantha's vile ways.