21) easy

please excuse any mistakes.

"you're too nice."
______

Elias is certain Honey absolutely loves being away from him. It's been two days of her staying at Evie's hotel. Two days of him debating whether he should apologize to her or not. Two days of him not being able to sleep properly without her warm body wrapped around his.

What had even done wrong for her to get that mad at him?

He didn't cheat on her. Him having sex with Samantha means nothing to him, nor should it mean anything to Honey. He'd only sought out his pleasure from Samantha because he didn't want to force anything upon Honey.

He was being a gentleman. Wasn't he?

He thought about having his way with Honey at least once a day. He'd thought about the way she'd cry, scream, and beg for him to–

But he's not a monster. He wants their first time to be willing.

"How long are we gonna sit here?"

Nico's voice cuts through the fog in Elias' head, reminding Elias of the situation he's found himself in. Parked in front of a flower shop, contemplating what kind of flowers Honey would like. The roses he occasionally gives her never make her smile. As though the sight of them makes her internally cringe.

"I didn't ask you to come." Elias deadpans. Nico's presence isn't needed and yet here he is thumping his fingers against Elias' car interior.

Nico doesn't take Elias' annoyed tone seriously. It's just how he is. The guy isn't exactly the nice type. "You didn't. But I'm here, aren't I?"

"Don't know if that's a good thing or not." Elias opens the car door, stepping out of the car without Nico. Leaving the other man to lock the car from inside and make his way inside of the small shop alone. Nico locates Elias in the back of the shop, staring intently at a bouquet that's on display.

A bouquet of hibiscus flowers. Evie's always liked those. She always says they remind her of summer. Remind her of the days she spent away in the Hamptons with Nico's family.

Nico doesn't see Honey as the type to particularly like hibiscuses. The girl seems as if she couldn't care less about flowers at all. Elias must know this as he turns to Nico for advice.

"Since you're here, what should I get her?"

Nico can count on one hand how many times Elias has actually taken his advice. "Get her a bouquet of peonies. Evie said they smell better than roses."

A childhood memory of the garden surrounding the Gray family lake house comes forth in Elias' mind. Evie runs through the garden playing tag with Nico whilst Elias and their older sister Jess, watch on as the two laugh and chase each other.