12) unwanted advice

please excuse any mistakes.

"your boyfriend's crazy."
_______

"Here's your phone." Honey looks up from the plate of chocolate chip pancakes that Elias made for her and Evie. The blonde, who sits right beside her, is stuffing her face with a pancake that has way too much syrup on it.

"What'd you do to it?" Honey's genuinely curious. Why did it take him three days to give her the phone back? There's nothing interesting in her phone. No hidden secrets.

"I put my numbers in it."

Numbers? So he has more than one phone?

"Did you put mine in it?" Evie chimes in. Her plate is clear, only a syrupy mess is left. Honey looks down at her own plate that still has a pancake and a few bits of bacon on it. Her slow metabolism has to be the worst thing about her body.

"No. Why would I?"

Elias knows his sister. She's never cared enough about his past girlfriends to want their numbers. Not even the ones that were nice to her. Or the ones that went out of their ways to spend time with her.

Evie glares at him. Isn't it obvious why Evie would want the girl's number? Especially after what she told him last night.

"If you want her number, ask her yourself."

"Fine. Honey give me your phone." Evie demands. Rolling her eyes at her brother's comment.

Honey unlocks her phone before passing it to Evie. It doesn't take long for the girl to give it back to her.

The name "Eves" is followed by a red heart emoji, when Honey looks at Evie's contact. Honey won't change the name. Although it is interesting that Evie used her nickname instead of her real name. It's almost like she considers Honey as a friend.

"Text me so I can save your number."

"hi." The simple message reads.

"What's your nickname?" Evie doesn't know what to save Honey's contact name as. Naming her 'Elias' girlfriend' would be awkward and too long. Naming her Honey would be boring.

"I don't have one. Everyone calls me by my name."

It doesn't make sense for Honey to have a nickname. Her name's literally Honey for God's sake. Who even names their kid that?

"That kinda sucks."

Honey shrugs.

"Also, why aren't you dressed yet?"