22) payback

please excuse any mistakes.

"he's clearly playing with her feelings

"he's clearly playing with her feelings."
______

"I said go take it off!"

Honey's ears perk up at Nico's harsh tone towards Evie. His room door's opened so Honey assumed that the couple was ready for the concert.

She'd seen Evie walk out the room with the shortest pair of shorts and the tiniest baby tee she'd ever seen. The shorts barely passed her butt. The only things that could keep her warm were the black boots she had on and the oversized jacket that hung loosely on her body, which likely belonged to Nico.

Honey hadn't seen anything wrong with the outfit considering the clothes she had on aren't exactly the warmest.

A baby pink mesh cami top and white low rise jeans with matching baby pink converse.

Elias adamantly refused to let her decide what to wear because if he did then he wouldn't feel like he was in control. He always has to be in control.

Much like how Nico wants to be in control of Evie right now.

"There's nothing wrong with my clothes, Nico. I'll wear whatever the hell I want to."

"You're not going outside dressed like a slut." Nico doesn't bother trying to be quiet. If Evie wants to be loud he can be loud too. Nico wouldn't dare interfere between Elias' and Honey's arguments so he knows Elias won't feel any way about Nico putting Evie in her place.

And Honey knows better than anyone that it's better to not interfere with anything Elias hasn't interfered with. Her bruises are faded, small like marks against her skin, she'd like for them to stay that way.

She wants to tell Evie to walk away from the argument and simply change but she knows better. This isn't her fight. Evie and Nico have to work out there issues by themselves.

All Honey can do is tune them out. 

"I don't need you ruining my night, Nico. If you're not going to let me wear what I want to then fuck off."

There's a beat of silence before the sound of a slap resonates through the apartment.

Honey's eyes hover over to Elias who's perched on the leg of the couch, seemingly uncaring of the violence that just found itself into the couple's argument. The sight reminds Honey of Nico's reaction to Elias beating the life out of her.

Pretending as though there isn't a hostile scene unfolding in front of him.

Honey can see why they're friends.